• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was physics practical 32

Reaction score
how do u know?
while we where doing the exam the invigilators made an extra equipment for my Mr in another room where he went to do the experiment with the help of another teacher..after they both finished....and when we finished he told us!!

Reaction score
im really sorry for any dissapointment but thats the truth and you guys here had to know...rather than thinking u did it correct and then you get shocked that its wrong!!

Reaction score
while we where doing the exam the invigilators made an extra equipment for my Mr in another room where he went to do the experiment with the help of another teacher..after they both finished....and when we finished he told us!!
are u absolutely sure??because i got my y-intercept negative and i thought i was wrong...

Reaction score
soo watt...most of our y intercepts were very very close to zero..so i think there should be a range which can go down into da negatives...n jst because a teacher did it doesn't meen he should be getting da exct answers...my teachr also did it...she got a positve y intercept...doesn't meen tht it's rite jst becuz she did it...do u have anyothr proof???

Reaction score
what 4 improvements did you guys put ? I struggled to come up with a last one.. pretty confident in my first 3.. so what did you guys put for it ?

Oh and my values of k were almost identical :/ that looks fishy lol,,, anther thing i'm a bit worried about is the table for part 1.. you normally have to put record values.. but how and where were u supposed to record them ? in the table ? or make a separate table ?

Reaction score
soo watt...most of our y intercepts were very very close to zero..so i think there should be a range which can go down into da negatives...n jst because a teacher did it doesn't meen he should be getting da exct answers...my teachr also did it...she got a positve y intercept...doesn't meen tht it's rite jst becuz she did it...do u have anyothr proof???
ok another is that most of the students got it negative and another proof is that the y axis had a very wide range which can tart from 5 to 700 according to the equation (L/2 -d)squared...and by using the equation y=mx+c the y will be negative..but im pretty sure that most of u just lsaw from the graph where the line would pass...and im not sayingi did well in the rest of the exam, i said before that i messed up

Reaction score
guys i want to ask u something.if one gets A in paper 1 and paper2 but very bad marks in paper 3 ,is it possible to get an A in ASlevel.i am really tensed cuz i dont want to repeat it.:(

Reaction score
ok another is that most of the students got it negative and another proof is that the y axis had a very wide range which can tart from 5 to 700 according to the equation (L/2 -d)squared...and by using the equation y=mx+c the y will be negative..but im pretty sure that most of u just lsaw from the graph where the line would pass...and im not sayingi did well in the rest of the exam, i said before that i messed up
naww..i used the equation..n i got 0.0015.or sumthin lyk tht...anywayz..good luckkk.. :)

Reaction score
The guys whose gradient wasn't negative probably didn't draw that good a line of best fit.. anyway I got my gradient as 0.75m... and y -intercept as -0.005m^2.. and im wondering when you repeat readings should the uncertainty just be that of the measuring instrument used or some other thing ?

Reaction score
naww..i used the equation..n i got 0.0015.or sumthin lyk tht...anywayz..good luckkk.. :)
thats right,,good luckto all of us...and maybe as one of us here said there is a range of error where the y intercept can be between negative and positive!!