• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was ur Phy 34 people ??

Reaction score
i did good i think .. considering half the ppl in my centre couldnt complete their pracs ..

how did u ppl do ?

Reaction score
IT WENT OK

MY gradient was abt 0.08 and i got -0.61 for z and in Q2 THE RELATIONSHIP DIDNOT PROVE K WAS .28 AND 0.40. kindly confirm my answers and i wanted to ask does anything happen if aacidentally some trace of ink smudges on the barcode. THX

Reaction score
the grad was negative .. with value around - 0.2 sth :S ... ? the vlaue of z i think u got right .. cuz mine was -0.5 ....
the first value of k was 0.28 .... and almost all the ppl in my centre showed that the relationship was wrong .. ( except me .. i think i wrote the 1.41 A current as 1.14 A ... silly mistake )

abt the barcode ... :S .. its written quite specifically dont write on it ... i dont rele know its significance thought ... u should have talked to the superviser ..

Reaction score
Today i learnt what exam pressure does to rational thinking and common sense.. !!!
I forgot to convert cm to metre.. em so stupid ..lol .. !! lose 4 to 5 marks on this one.. Rest went pretty good..
What was the unit of z ?? and what were ur angles of deflections ??

Reaction score
i think it was just metre m ... meri deflections 20 aur 25 thin ... wat abt urs ?

Reaction score
ya it was m ,.. !!! I hope ecf ho meri is jahalat ki ghalti pe ;O !!!!
I got 30 .. but it doesnt matter.. they usually giv it over a range....
What uncertainty did u write ?? I wrote 3

Reaction score
yea i got 4 ... cuz i used deflection angle of 25 .. so our ans are about the same.

Reaction score
Btw in Q1 was there a false origin my y intercept was coming different. Is this bcoz of the false origin?

Reaction score
at 2.10 ampere I got 4 degree deflection. am i right or wrong?. Guys what was the deflection?

Xam

Reaction score
my grad was: -0.176
Y-inter: 0.22
Z was -0.55

ques 2:
angle 1: 23
angle 2: 20
k was i) 0.30
ii)0.31

Reaction score
My answers were

grad:-0.080
Y intercept:0.15
Z was 0.6

Q2 Deflections were 9 degree
k was 0.28, 0.43

btw how did u calculate the y intercept as the origin was false

Reaction score
Hey i wanted to confirm the graph was between the reciprocal of d and the total length of the spring? I think our ans are different bcoz of different conditions.I also wanted to ask that my y intercept is wrong if seen from the graph although the grad is correct wat could be the reason for this?

Reaction score
You'd calculate the Y-Intercept by Y=mX+C
That seemed pretty obvious, my answers were similar to Xam, exceot my deflections were much MUCH lesser (4 and 5) but yes, my values of K were in favor if the suggestion.

Reaction score
My gradient was -0.204
y-intercept was about 0.6
z was -0.4 something

angles were 15 and 10
so average was almost 12
don't remember the value of k but showed that the equation wasn't correct according to my results.....

Reaction score
omg. the hardest paper ever. it's about 15 mins before the time ended but i hadn't draw graph n so on T.T. i was so messed up that time and didn't attempt to re-check my calculations
what i got
m = -0.02 *something
z = -0.202

Reaction score
my avg deflection was 4 degree .. gradient wa negative ! and it has to be 0.0--- something .. z was coming negative too .. what were the 4 errors and improvements u guys wrote ?