• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your Chemistry AS P34

Reaction score
i wrote, FB3= carbonate because of the CO2
FB4= chromate and fb5 as chloride because I didn't thought it was cream ppt.

Reaction score
i dont think so FB3 is chlorine because i didn't get any smell. and the gas is not released unless there is a displacement reaction (as far as I have studied)
the test for carbonate would be that a gas is released when an acid is added. BTW did anyone got your blue litmus turn red and bleached?
please do enlighten me put here.
I thought of doing the silver test but i thought its better not to bcs CIE might catch ppl who did.
Well here is my hypothesis':
FB3 both contain carbonate and chloride. If anyone would go for chloride test the result will be positive, if anyone goes for carbonate test( which btw the question demanded) will also have a positive test!
May be CIE tried to differentiate the candidate who followed the rubric: Do not try to do additional test. those who did will be penalized.
This is just my idea.......please anyone do prove me wrong but give me the good news if FB3 is carbonate

Reaction score
Hiii everyone could anyone tell me how many questions were there this time in 34?? & what type of experiments were there other then quantitative analysis???

Reaction score
hey every body can any1 possibly tell me the value of 'm' one need to use in order to calculate enthalpy (delta H) = mc (delta T) :%)

Reaction score
we use Q = vsdt in these questions, v standing for the total volume of the question. In our QP, we had to take v = 50 cm^3 = 0.05 dm^3 .