• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your Maths paper ?

What are you expecting ?

• Total voters

asd

Reaction score
You guys are all wrong ...

The only correct answer was triangle .. no matter what ..

IT WAS A REGULAR polygon.

remember something? in a regular polygon all angles are equal. so that triangle wasn't isosceles there's that. but one will get the mark for mentioning triangle regardless. Whoever wrote Triangle only or Equilateral triangle will get full marks.

and as far as rhombus goes .. that's completely incorrect.

It was which regular would fit in between two of those 12-sided polygons ..

one angle was 150 for them ..

so 360 - 150 - 150 = 60 Degrees .. therefore whatever regular polygon was there has to have a 60 degree interior angle.

(n-2)*180/n = 60
180n-360=60n
120n=360
n=3

now tell me which is a polygon with ONLY 3 equal 60 degree angles .. does rhombus has ONLY 3 angles?
Lmao dude, you thought alot over it i guess, But you see the regular polygons were those that were kept side to side, and THEIR internal angles had to be all equal, and what did they ask you ? A shape can exactly fit into the space between the 2 polygons, what name is given to this SPECIAL SHAPE, NOT POLYGON.
Let me remind you the fig.
Untitled.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
url]
Untitled.png

Reaction score
Lmao dude, you thought alot over it i guess, But you see the regular polygons were those that were kept side to side, and THEIR internal angles had to be all equal, and what did they ask you ? A shape can exactly fit into the space between the 2 polygons, what name is given to this SPECIAL SHAPE, NOT POLYGON.
Let me remind you the fig.
[/url][/IMG]
Untitled.png

Well, I proved it right there, that how it will be an equilateral triangle .. there are 2 12-sided polygons .. both with 150 degree angles ..

ABC = 150 and ABD = 150

360-150-150
=60 Degrees..

^now according to that one of the angles .. the one on the tip was 60 degrees (means the two at the bottom have to be equal), how would you justify that the triangle is an isosceles triangle and not an equilateral triangle?

180-60=2x
2x=120
x=60

All three angles being 60 degrees, makes it equilateral doesn't it?

And I remember it correctly it said A regular polygon, we can ask some other members here that what did the question ask for, I might be wrong about the wordings of the question, but my approach is correct.

asd

Reaction score
Well, I proved it right there, that how it will be an equilateral triangle .. there are 2 12-sided polygons .. both with 150 degree angles ..

ABC = 150 and ABD = 150

360-150-150
=60 Degrees..

^now according to that one of the angles .. the one on the tip was 60 degrees (means the two at the bottom have to be equal), how would you justify that the triangle is an isosceles triangle and not an equilateral triangle?

180-60=2x
2x=120
x=60

All three angles being 60 degrees, makes it equilateral doesn't it?

And I remember it correctly it said A regular polygon, we can ask some other members here that what did the question ask for, I might be wrong about the wordings of the question, but my approach is correct.
You did think alot over it. The fig must be misleading.

Reaction score
IT WAS ISOSCELES CONFIRM, because two sides were equal in the space and the base was shorter, so only isosceles triangle could fit, and nothing else.
not so fast dude the angle we got was 150 multiply it with 2 bcz they were identical........ 360-300=60 this means that it was an equilateral triangle hUHh.............

Reaction score
not so fast dude the angle we got was 150 multiply it with 2 bcz they were identical........ 360-300=60 this means that it was an equilateral triangle hUHh.............

Equilateral triangle is a special kind of Isosceles triangle :) His answer is not wrong.

Copied from Wiki

"An equilateral triangle is therefore a special case of an isosceles triangle having not just two, but all three sides equal."

Reaction score
Isn't writing triangle more than enough. Let alone the Isosceles or Equilateral part

Reaction score
IT WAS ISOSCELES CONFIRM, because two sides were equal in the space and the base was shorter, so only isosceles triangle could fit, and nothing else.

you had to account the angles iit was 60 so 60*3 180 confirmed it was equilateral

Reaction score
plz any one tell that in frequency ques we had to draw a histogram and join mid coordinates with line???

Reaction score
"The longest time is 20 min". Explain why he MIGHT not be correct?
I wrote down it is hardly possible to have 20 as the longest time because there are only 2 people between the interval 16 and 2o.

Reaction score
The paper went great. Alhamdulillah. Max = 79/80 :) I wrote down the parallelogram 1 rotational symmetry instead of 2! So I lose one mark there. Anyway what was the answer for if The Chennai Time is ..... what is the time in London?

Reaction score
b
The paper went great. Alhamdulillah. Max = 79/80 :) I wrote down the parallelogram 1 rotational symmetry instead of 2! So I lose one mark there. Anyway what was the answer for if The Chennai Time is ..... what is the time in London?
ut it actually had 0 rotational symetry.!

Reaction score
"The longest time is 20 min". Explain why he MIGHT not be correct?
I wrote down it is hardly possible to have 20 as the longest time because there are only 2 people between the interval 16 and 2o.
I wrote:
The graph shows that 1 student did not finish at 20min, so the maximum time should be more then 20 mins!
I really hope this is correct. otherwise my maths paper is going form great to grave !o_O