• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How's Chemistry Paper 52?

Reaction score
Aww...it happens. But now you know to check all the questions first as soon as you get the paper!!

Reaction score
people i m xpecting around 30 in practicals nd 52 in p2 paper 5 around 22 so can i still get an A*

Reaction score
i think thats not wrong if u said that grad is aproximately close to 1. since that ratio was 1 to 1 right? so it had to be grad 1.
btw some ppl who plotted Cu(OH)2 on Y axis got grad 0.8 and others who ploted on X axis got 1.2 ,both are right in my opinion

Reaction score
x+y=z said:
i think thats not wrong if u said that grad is aproximately close to 1. since that ratio was 1 to 1 right? so it had to be grad 1.
btw some ppl who plotted Cu(OH)2 on Y axis got grad 0.8 and others who ploted on X axis got 1.2 ,both are right in my opinion

Yeah both are right.

Reaction score
I also said that 0.8 is approximate to 1 and confirm the equation. I did bad because there are blank for 2 questions wothing 6 marks. I drew the graph wrong at the first time and then I erase it and grew them again and thua no time to finish. I think the A threshold can be around 18 because this is not an easy paper and the questions are novel. What ahout thye limiting factor? Many of my friends said it should be solubility and I thought it quite reasonable.

Reaction score
have u gone nutzz!!!!!!!!!!! the correct ans waz vol of H20 HAD TO BE KEPT CONSTANT!!!!!!!!! AYA SAMJH EASIEST PAPER EVER!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
whoop..guess what i just realized my mistakes for Q1 at the very very last moment 2 minutes bfore times up, i varied the mass of water instead of varying the mass of solid KCL..god..luckily i managed to cross here and there and fixed the mass of water..but still i think i left somewhere in the part with the original answer..
afterall the paper was a so-so..and too bad i guess the threshold would be high also.. :roll:

Reaction score
ahan___ well what abt diagram?? temperature effect or conc. effect was to be determined??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ oh no!!! i used a bunsen burner____ thinkin effect of temp to be determined!!!!!!!! blast))) am i gtg any marks in that?

mak

Reaction score
UrrrGh... I Think There can't b an easier paper than this :'( nd that i can't do any easy paper so badly more thaaan this :'( i made so many blunders.... in Q.1 i made a straight line graph passing through origin :( i think it's y-intercept should b 100 *C nd boiling point must get constant after some time so it must b a curve.... then i made the diagram all rong :(( then i got the hazard rong :mad: then in limiting i put solubilty.... urrrgh :((( nd in 2nd ques... i was blank why naoh is not calculated , nd then i got gradient 0.8 nd i said it won't confirm the stiochiometry as the gradient should be one but it is coming 0.8... dUnNo kya banta maira :(( m Screeeeeeeeeeeeeewd :((

Reaction score
Hamza zahid said:
have u gone nutzz!!!!!!!!!!! the correct ans waz vol of H20 HAD TO BE KEPT CONSTANT!!!!!!!!! AYA SAMJH EASIEST PAPER EVER!!!!!!!!

Hey if we do something like this that we kept the mass of KCl used constant through out and vary the amount of water? I think this is reasonable...
And one thing we all are forgetting is that there wont be any percentiles this year so we cant predict the thresholds..

Reaction score
the limiting factor should be water right?
so i assumed the mass of water shoudl be kept constant as provided only 100g..
i made it 20g for each experiment..and vary mass of solid..

Reaction score
kikie209 said:
the limiting factor should be water right?
so i assumed the mass of water shoudl be kept constant as provided only 100g..
i made it 20g for each experiment..and vary mass of solid..

well i varied the mass of water used e.g. 10g,20g,30g,40g.... And i think this is also rite becz there was nothing specifically said abt wat to be kept constant... the only thing written was that we should remember that limited water is provided so it depends upon us how we use that water...

Reaction score
Water was the limiting factor indeed but an independent variable too. what i did was to take a constant mass of KCl, add 25g water and note the molality, then add a further 25 till it reaches the 100cm^3 mark of the measuring cylinder and repeat the process for calculating molality etc , I think it is fairly plausible this way too since one independent variable is being changed.

Reaction score
my grad for the question two was exact 1.00 and i stated that this satisfy the equation and the supporting evidence was line was passing through the origin so i am right please confirm me especially the nerds on this form

Reaction score
NOW WAIT A MINUTE.. wats wrong with changing amount of water? we were measuring CONCENTRATION against BOILING POINT. to change concentration u can either vary the amount of water added OR vary amount of KCL.

Reaction score
Hamza zahid said:

M TALKIN ABT THIS GUY. IN THE EARLIER POST.