• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How's Chemistry Paper 52?

Reaction score
Just a few clarifications.

If you changed both the mass of KCl and Water it does not matter, as long as you say what range of molarity you are covering. I covered a range from 2mol per kg to 67 mol to kg and I varied BOTH the mass of KCl and water.
There is no hard and fast rule to which one should be constant, as Both don't have to be constant as long as you vary it so that you don't have 2 concentrations with the same molarity.

Reaction score
Dude for Molality , in the table and procedure i gave in mol dm^3 since my chem teacher told me 1g of water = 1 cm^3 water..am i screwed or safe :cry:

Reaction score
mak said:
UrrrGh... I Think There can't b an easier paper than this :'( nd that i can't do any easy paper so badly more thaaan this :'( i made so many blunders.... in Q.1 i made a straight line graph passing through origin :( i think it's y-intercept should b 100 *C nd boiling point must get constant after some time so it must b a curve.... then i made the diagram all rong :(( then i got the hazard rong :mad: then in limiting i put solubilty.... urrrgh :((( nd in 2nd ques... i was blank why naoh is not calculated , nd then i got gradient 0.8 nd i said it won't confirm the stiochiometry as the gradient should be one but it is coming 0.8... dUnNo kya banta maira :(( m Screeeeeeeeeeeeeewd :((

no its a straight line i askd my teacher st. line passin thru the origin

Reaction score
duhh..my teacher made me feel xtremely nervous..she told me that i must vary the solid mass not the water like i wrote at first...

Reaction score
wat was the risk in the experimnt??
n the ans to the next two ques after ths.. i dnt remember them exactly..

mak

Reaction score
madee92 said:
mak said:
UrrrGh... I Think There can't b an easier paper than this :'( nd that i can't do any easy paper so badly more thaaan this :'( i made so many blunders.... in Q.1 i made a straight line graph passing through origin :( i think it's y-intercept should b 100 *C nd boiling point must get constant after some time so it must b a curve.... then i made the diagram all rong :(( then i got the hazard rong :mad: then in limiting i put solubilty.... urrrgh :((( nd in 2nd ques... i was blank why naoh is not calculated , nd then i got gradient 0.8 nd i said it won't confirm the stiochiometry as the gradient should be one but it is coming 0.8... dUnNo kya banta maira :(( m Screeeeeeeeeeeeeewd :((

no its a straight line i askd my teacher st. line passin thru the origin

see even if its straight line it can't pass thru origin because when the concentration of solute is zero, it has some boiling point.... nd dats 100*C... its just when we start making it a solution and increasing the concentration the boiling point increase from 100*C...

mak

Reaction score
ammadb said:

i had no time for this question :(( i wrote bubbling boiling water as risk nd its indeed rong.. the risk was that kcl was corrosive... nd the next one was about the limiting factor sth, i got it wrong and wrote solubility...

Reaction score
mak said:
ammadb said:

i had no time for this question :(( i wrote bubbling boiling water as risk nd its indeed rong.. the risk was that kcl was corrosive... nd the next one was about the limiting factor sth, i got it wrong and wrote solubility...
pffffff!!! :mrgreen: u wrote the rit pt__ boiling water was a risk__needs to b handled wid care____water vapour is v dangerous!!!

mak

Reaction score
Bilawal said:
mak said:
ammadb said:

pffffff!!! :mrgreen: u wrote the rit pt__ boiling water was a risk__needs to b handled wid care____water vapour is v dangerous!!!

actually i just wrote ' BUBBLING BOLINING WATER ' .... it alone is not right i think :((

Reaction score
well... some people here saying dat boiling point has linear increasing relation with concentration, i disagree! it shoulndt b linear, boiling point of water cannot b infinite duh!
n the thing, changing mass of water or mass of KCl, i think both are correct!

Reaction score
btw, how did u controlled overheating? n how did u placed the thermometer "remembring dat it was an equilibrium situatation" i didnt get this thingy, will loose a mark here fo sure.

mak

Reaction score
exactly... evn though i ploted a straight line from origin, its rong... it should b a curve nd then it shall have a y-intercept at 100*C

mak

Reaction score
nd in 2nd question, why did we not consider the concentration of Sodium Hydroxide ??? yar A kitnay par banay ga ??

Reaction score
Jazib said:
well... some people here saying dat boiling point has linear increasing relation with concentration, i disagree! it shoulndt b linear, boiling point of water cannot b infinite duh!
n the thing, changing mass of water or mass of KCl, i think both are correct!
ahan__boy___ your query___ no nd yes___yes it cant b infinite bcz saturation of water__after tat adding more solute has no effect!! :idea:

nd staritng 100 degree bth curve or line strait acceptable