• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How's Mathematics P72 Guys??..

Reaction score
I think i did pretty good for the paper. But, i kinda did a mistake when finding the confidence interval T-T .. I forgot that the formula is p+/-z(pq/n)^(1/2).
i removed 'n' from my division hiks2 aw... darn man... Wonder how many marks will be deducted. And also, for number 7, i did all 7)i, II, and iii using Poison Distribution. Donno whether I'm correct cause some of my friends used Normal Distribution. kinda scared now..

Reaction score
Mine was alright.

If you used the wrong formula, chances are that you wont get any marks. They would have given you a couple of marks for just writing the formula with the correct values and finding the value of z.

I used Poisson Distribution as well. And Im pretty sure it will be correct. Im a little confused how your friend used Normal. Lambda was not more than 15 and so we couldn't approximate it by normal. Plus, they usually always write 'using a suitable approximation' when they want us to use a particular type of distribution. If they dont, we can just use any that we want and we would get marks.

Hope this helps and freaks you out a little less! =]

Reaction score
okay then, so i got no mark for tht one. Well, it relieved me a little thx lol. Hope tht i still can get A* though, or my scholarship will be flying away byebye :(

SYT

Reaction score
yaar i have lost koi 5 marks in confidence interval wala, i badly wish, for percentile for A to be 38 and for B to be 34 :( what do you people think?

Reaction score
Hi SYT - How did you do the 7th question? Did you use Possion too?

Thankfully I could do the Confidence Interval question. :)

I thought that they had framed the 2nd part of the Metal Bolts' question in a very confusing manner. The one in which we had to write the set of values for m. What answer did you guys get? I got m is less than 2.277 or something like that.

Hi Demonic - this is the Stats 2 forum. People who write Stats 2 obviously dont write Mech 2! You are posting in the wrong forum!

PS: I think very few people wrote Stats 2 2nd Variant!

Reaction score
hey guys.. since its well beyond 24 hours limit of the paper, can we discuss the answers?
also i think the gt would be very low as i have seen mixed views about the paper and sure it was easy but a weird paper, like all in this session.
anyone willing to discuss the answers?

Reaction score
okay so here are the ans I REMEMBER:
1.1/12
second last ques where n had to be found n was 57 or 58 maybe
CI ques n was 600 and % was something 97.something
second or maybe third ques which was of hypo was two tailed..
and if you remember any ans pleaase post them. Sorry i have a very bad memory..

Reaction score
I remember quite a bit =)

Q1) k = 1/12
Q2) n = 600, alpha = 97.44%
Q3) (dont remember answer to part i), (ii) m<2.277
Q4) (dont remember my answers but it was a trivial questions - mr & mrs parry)
Q5) (iii) t = 4.73 seconds
Q6) (i) n = 57 or 58 - dont remember exactly (ii) dont remember part 2
Q7) my rejection region was P( X less than equal to 2) and found out my answers using Poisson accordingly. dont remember exact answers!

Remember anything from this?