• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Cᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Tᴇᴄʜɴᴏʟᴏɢʏ (0417) : Pᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs ʜᴇʀᴇ! ᴴᴰ

Was this helpful

• Total voters
Reaction score
i had my paper 31 today
i want to know how was your papers
It was very easy. .. i think one of the easiest paper of 0417
i just made mistakes in the starting which i figured out later so i had to cross more than 10 papers, i hope cie will not cut marks for the Extra papers
and the answer in excel was United Kingdom and 1 and after that IND India 5390 or something like that

Reaction score
It was very easy. .. i think one of the easiest paper of 0417
i just made mistakes in the starting which i figured out later so i had to cross more than 10 papers, i hope cie will not cut marks for the Extra papers
and the answer in excel was United Kingdom and 1 and after that IND India 5390 or something like that
do u know any thing about paper 22 or 21 plz tell if u know i think this time grade boundries will go to the top for A*

Reaction score
do u know any thing about paper 22 or 21 plz tell if u know i think this time grade boundries will go to the top for A*

P.21 was also very easy
i can't remember exactly but there was 2 reports which was very and didn't had labels or anytging difficult and power point was also very easy.. no need to worry just make sure that u have practised well

Reaction score
People who did paper 21 or 22, im having my paper 21 tomorrow, how was your exam? any tips or tricks? anything new? anything you wanna help me with? :D

Reaction score
Guy please i need your help... Im doing paper 22 in 23 april and i feel that im not prepared well... Is there anyone who has done paper 22 so he/she can give me a breif summary of what the exam was about... So maybe we can contact by email: [email protected] or by number... I havnt done paper 32 either so i hope someone would be nice enough to help me :)

Reaction score
May someone

please tell me the differences between OMR...OCR and MICR
OMR: (Optical mark recognition) is mainly used for inputting pencil marks on a form such as a school register, candidate
exam answers, any application involving input of a choice of options. It is the most accurate method of data entry between the three
(But u have to keep the disadv in mind as well)

OCR: (Optical character recognition) is mainly used in inputting text to a computer ready for processing by another software
package such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases etc. It is not very accurate and is also more prone to errors

MICR: (Magnetic ink character recognition) is mainly used in the processing of bank cheques. It is pretty expensive

There are other points as well which u will come across when solving past papers.................

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if there if I will get the full marks cuz in the marking scheme, there is a different formula (the values are same)

The marking scheme says: =F26*IF(B12<5,B15,IF(B12<20,B16,B17))

My formula was: =IF(B12<5,F26*B15,IF(B12<=19,F26*B16,F26*B17))

Thnx.............................:)