• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I constantly make mistakes in these type of MCQS in eco.

Reaction score
Please help me out in by providing an explanation why the answer will be B in the following question? Sorry, I couldn't copy the question cuz it included a table.

M/J 02 paper1 Question 13. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Q13- The horizontal line between y & z is the market clearing price, while OP1 is the guranteed price. 'the govt pays the producers the difference between the two prices', which, as can be seen in the figure, is the area u+v+w+x+y

Reaction score
Why is the horizontal line between y and z the market clearing price? Isn't market clearing price is the price at which quantity demanded equals quantity supplied? The line you are mentioning represents an excess demand over supply.

Reaction score
Since this is an agriculture market, we're supposing that supply fluctuates and therefore, after the govt. has guranteed the price OP1, supply had risen to give the new equilbrium price that has been marked (the one between y & z).