• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I don't know anything... I wanna give up

Reaction score
Life was hard already and things changed for the worse
I was an IGCSE student in UAE and had six subjects scoring 3As 2Bs and 1C and AS student also in UAE doing Bio, Phy and IT scoring 1A, 1B and 1D
but
then I came to PAK and lost everything ... got enrolled in a clg where I lost my A and B I scored in my AS and had to keep composite exams
A2 I was forced by that clg to keep Math (which I failed twice in and chose Bio as a Pvt candidate) And Comp Sci with Phy
now I'm with 2Ds and 1E
life was miserable at this point but got worse

I had to make an equivalence where u change the Cambridge certificates to an acceptable form
they rejected cuz since I studied one year in Pak I had to do Pak studies and Islamiyat
thanks to covid I applied for O level thru my clg and got grades without giving exams
got 1C and 1D

At this point of my life, I was happy I got accepted by an army clg for women for BSCS
and started doing well I started topping in class but it wasn't for long
the clg wanted the equivalence and so it waited for the original certificates and
I went back to get the equivalence and got rejected again cuz a new rule I had to do Urdu as well ... I had to leave clg. I couldn't freeze my semester since it was my first semester I could make it till mid-semester exams.

now Idk anything bout Urdu since I never learn to read much or write and my exams r on 3rd and 11th may
now I can write simple sentences and read EZ words know about 100 idioms but I'm still not up to the level I need to make complex sentences. my vocab is too simple and I'm giving up hope that I can ever be that good in a language that is new to me and that I'll ever be able to get back in that clg again sometimes I feel like I am an example of what not to be...

IDK anything about my future or what I can be with a BSCS degree or if I'll make it out of Urdu with a passing grade.

Edit: just letting myself out

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dear Friend,
I hope that you are in the best of health.
Reading your story, it was one of continuous struggle but there were hope and the sense to try again which is an important characteristic which not everyone possesses. "Failure is not fatal but is the courage to continue forward"

Exams can be stressing especially in such times where the situations are uncertain, each day the government has been passing different orders and assumptions about the exams themselves.
You had written that "you are just letting yourself out", it is okay to allow yourself a little breath in the air. Sometimes you just need to speak and allow yourself to liberate yourself from all that lies in your mind.
With grades come the family pressure and the pressure of the future itself!

At the end of the day remember that your grades do not define you. We are not promised a perfect life, these are the hurdles that we shall pass through. Embrace your weaknesses and understand that with continuous practice and energy nothing is impossible in life. Forget what has happened previously, forget the past. Start every day as if it was a new life gifted to you.

It's Okay! Remind yourself that you are the champion and you shall do it if not today then tomorrow.

Coming to Urdu which shall be your issue for now but believe in your own self and nothing shall be impossible, it is you who has to help yourself and no one else will do it for you. These hurdles are temporary and shall pass one day.

I shall understand your struggle with Urdu since some I knew went through the same struggle when it came to Urdu as a subject.

Considering the fact that Urdu is not your mother tongue and a language new to you, it is pleasing to know that you have learned 100 idioms and are able to make sentences of simple words. A round of applause for the progress which you have made. It's okay to not have achieved that level of perfection but it is wonderful to know that you have learned a lot.

I am guessing that you are an O-level student taking Urdu B? (Urdu as a second language)

. Perfect the basics - use tracing notebooks, and other basic level books to have a grasp of the language. Do not feel insecure that you have to start from the basics.
. Get to know your syllabus, google up the syllabus for your exam and get to know what actually comes in your exam
. Develop your interest in the language - Read as much as you, newspapers, short stories, books - these will be leisure for you and will allow you to get attached to the language.
. Read reports, articles, letters, and other narratives which are included in your paper.
. Be consistent in your practice - read a story each day, write a page of the tracing book each day, learn 10-15 idioms each day, write a letter each day, stay in touch with the language and the papers you are appearing for.
. Do not be afraid to ask for help; ask a teacher, tutor, friend, relative for guidance if needed. Get it checked the practice which you are making.
. Do not bother what people say, stay focused and motivated.
. Adjust your study and sleep schedule, eat and sleep well.

Friend, I have written this with the intention of guiding you, I apologize if anything that I said was rude in any sense or you did not like it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Reaction score
I am not a good student my self. I have managed to get a b in urdu with just the basics of urdu and actually no learning or much studying itself so you should not worry urdu as a second language at all. Some tips I will say is :
  • Do not make spelling mistakes, Like, every mistake deducts marks, You can get around 5 marks in language of any type eg letter and others, if you just use some basic muhawra and basic sentences with basic reasoning but with no spelling mistakes.
  • Learn muhawra, first from past papers and learn muhawra which you think you can easily use and get a practical feeling of it.
  • Do a shit ton of translation, atleast 2 hours a day for translation only.
  • Read, Read, Read solved papers. This will help you get a feel of what you need to do.
  • Check the examiner reports, student responses and how they mark stuff.

The fact that you are not discouraged after facing soo many loops is amazing and i respect you for that. When i remember i was switching from oman to pakistan, i also had alot of issues. So i will not say that i do understand your pain but life is hard. Dont give up. Another thing ill say is focus on coursera to get certificates, create projects and maybe start free lancing. It helped me cure my depression and i was very close to choosing sucide at the most dumbest reasons. Freelancing helped me recognize myself and give me a very amazing fact : You can live without getting good grades. With this, i study like atmost 4 hours after university and learn skills and do freelancing the rest of the day, Socializing with friends is kept at like half an hour a day. Perfect your english. Also, Focus on your good points, rather than feeling you cant do it, say you have to do it. Create a proper timetable. Remove useless things such as TV and games and search for a hobby which can help you in life. I personally love doing coding and have taken in many hackathons. This have helped me recognize on the fact, that only univeristies of the top 500 at max are somewhat distinguished. All other degrees are taken at the same value. You do not need to be discouraged.

Also, it seems that you do not have a proper strategy on how to study. Getting A in phy, chem and math. Especially pak stud, islamiyat is easy with just 3 months of proper learning but many students fail cuz school is shit everywhere and they tell you to learn stuff rather then telling how to learn. Check some youtube videos for it. better time management can also be a plus for ya. Unless you are independent like me and have to earn your own income from college cuz your family is shit.

For any kind of subject that uses logic, i will say to get better recources. For physics, chem and math, youtune is good as well as khan academy. both of these provide top quality explanations and are free. Also, get some courses on memorization techniques if you can get. I always have a part time work of 4 hours everyday while i also have to study and do freelancing or i will get depressed as its my main hobby. Thus using an excuse that you cant do it due to some reason (unless you really think that this reason is actual and proper) is just wasting time.

Also, dont ever give up, Follow your faith, no matter what because it really helps cure depression because you can pray and get alot of anxiety for exams finished.

Hopefully you know where you will have fun working rather than just diving into medical/engineering for money cuz its one of the major reason for subject changes

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not a good student my self. I have managed to get a b in urdu with just the basics of urdu and actually no learning or much studying itself so you should not worry urdu as a second language at all. Some tips I will say is :
  • Do not make spelling mistakes, Like, every mistake deducts marks, You can get around 5 marks in language of any type eg letter and others, if you just use some basic muhawra and basic sentences with basic reasoning but with no spelling mistakes.
  • Learn muhawra, first from past papers and learn muhawra which you think you can easily use and get a practical feeling of it.
  • Read, Read, Read solved papers. This will help you get a feel of what you need to do.

The fact that you are not discouraged after facing soo many loops is amazing and i respect you for that. When i remember i was switching from oman to pakistan, i also had alot of issues. So i will not say that i do understand your pain but life is hard. Dont give up. Another thing ill say is focus on coursera to get certificates, create projects and maybe start free lancing. It helped me cure my depression and i was very close to choosing sucide at the most dumbest reasons. Freelancing helped me recognize myself and give me a very amazing fact : You can live without getting good grades. With this, i study like atmost 4 hours after university and learn skills and do freelancing the rest of the day, Socializing with friends is kept at like half an hour a day. Perfect your english. Also, Focus on your good points, rather than feeling you cant do it, say you have to do it. Create a proper timetable. Remove useless things such as TV and games and search for a hobby which can help you in life. I personally love doing coding and have taken in many hackathons. This have helped me recognize on the fact, that only univeristies of the top 500 at max are somewhat distinguished. All other degrees are taken at the same value. You do not need to be discouraged.

Also, it seems that you do not have a proper strategy on how to study. Getting A in phy, chem and math. Especially pak stud, islamiyat is easy with just 3 months of proper learning but many students fail cuz school is shit everywhere and they tell you to learn stuff rather then telling how to learn. Check some youtube videos for it. better time management can also be a plus for ya. Unless you are independent like me and have to earn your own income from college cuz your family is shit.
A story of courage, zeal and energy.
Keep going

Reaction score
Hi Dear Friend,
I hope that you are in the best of health.
Reading your story, it was one of continuous struggle but there were hope and the sense to try again which is an important characteristic which not everyone possesses. "Failure is not fatal but is the courage to continue forward"

Exams can be stressing especially in such times where the situations are uncertain, each day the government has been passing different orders and assumptions about the exams themselves.
You had written that "you are just letting yourself out", it is okay to allow yourself a little breath in the air. Sometimes you just need to speak and allow yourself to liberate yourself from all that lies in your mind.
With grades come the family pressure and the pressure of the future itself!

At the end of the day remember that your grades do not define you. We are not promised a perfect life, these are the hurdles that we shall pass through. Embrace your weaknesses and understand that with continuous practice and energy nothing is impossible in life. Forget what has happened previously, forget the past. Start every day as if it was a new life gifted to you.

It's Okay! Remind yourself that you are the champion and you shall do it if not today then tomorrow.

Coming to Urdu which shall be your issue for now but believe in your own self and nothing shall be impossible, it is you who has to help yourself and no one else will do it for you. These hurdles are temporary and shall pass one day.

I shall understand your struggle with Urdu since some I knew went through the same struggle when it came to Urdu as a subject.

Considering the fact that Urdu is not your mother tongue and a language new to you, it is pleasing to know that you have learned 100 idioms and are able to make sentences of simple words. A round of applause for the progress which you have made. It's okay to not have achieved that level of perfection but it is wonderful to know that you have learned a lot.

I am guessing that you are an O-level student taking Urdu B? (Urdu as a second language)

. Perfect the basics - use tracing notebooks, and other basic level books to have a grasp of the language. Do not feel insecure that you have to start from the basics.
. Get to know your syllabus, google up the syllabus for your exam and get to know what actually comes in your exam
. Develop your interest in the language - Read as much as you, newspapers, short stories, books - these will be leisure for you and will allow you to get attached to the language.
. Read reports, articles, letters, and other narratives which are included in your paper.
. Be consistent in your practice - read a story each day, write a page of the tracing book each day, learn 10-15 idioms each day, write a letter each day, stay in touch with the language and the papers you are appearing for.
. Do not be afraid to ask for help; ask a teacher, tutor, friend, relative for guidance if needed. Get it checked the practice which you are making.
. Do not bother what people say, stay focused and motivated.
. Adjust your study and sleep schedule, eat and sleep well.

Friend, I have written this with the intention of guiding you, I apologize if anything that I said was rude in any sense or you did not like it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!
I am grateful for your guidance really. Much appreciated thank you.
yes I am doing O level Urdu B since I'm completely out of the league for Urdu A
but again as a Pvt candidate I have no one to guide me much
and since I'm not allowed to have tuition and there is nothing on the net to guide me on this subject, it's just overwhelming I had to learn basic from an Urdu 101 Youtube channel and my mom still thinks I'm nowhere good enough
I try reading newspapers and some books but I just don't understand them and the vocabulary is so advance for me at times

it just I've lost 3 years of my life trying to recover back and it feels like I keep on losing time honestly, I gave up today I just could do it today, I thought its where it all ends. i just keep forcing myself to do it just so I don't regret it later on but now I don't see myself able of doing things.

I really don't want to give up but there is so much pressure and now I can write an essay but whenever my mom checks she says it's nothing I started adding idioms to my letters and essays yet it's just nothing. she says I'm not even close to a passing grade

I had only one year's time and my exams are so close now yet I can't do it. I feel pathetic about myself like I can't do anything right.

Reaction score
i'll save

For any kind of subject that uses logic, i will say to get better recources. For physics, chem and math, youtune is good as well as khan academy. both of these provide top quality explanations and are free. Also, get some courses on memorization techniques if you can get. I always have a part time work of 4 hours everyday while i also have to study and do freelancing or i will get depressed as its my main hobby. Thus using an excuse that you cant do it due to some reason (unless you really think that this reason is actual and proper) is just wasting time.

Also, dont ever give up, Follow your faith, no matter what because it really helps cure depression because you can pray and get alot of anxiety for exams finished.

Hopefully you know where you will have fun working rather than just diving into medical/engineering for money cuz its one of the major reason for subject changes
I'll save this as a future reference after urdu ppr
it maybe cuz i live in a joint family that I'm not able to spend studying cuz as a girl I'm told to work more at home rather on laptop studying
plus im kind of poor so I cant buy solved pprs do u know where I can get online

Reaction score
Life was hard already and things changed for the worse
I was an IGCSE student in UAE and had six subjects scoring 3As 2Bs and 1C and AS student also in UAE doing Bio, Phy and IT scoring 1A, 1B and 1D
but
then I came to PAK and lost everything ... got enrolled in a clg where I lost my A and B I scored in my AS and had to keep composite exams
A2 I was forced by that clg to keep Math (which I failed twice in and chose Bio as a Pvt candidate) And Comp Sci with Phy
now I'm with 2Ds and 1E
life was miserable at this point but got worse

I had to make an equivalence where u change the Cambridge certificates to an acceptable form
they rejected cuz since I studied one year in Pak I had to do Pak studies and Islamiyat
thanks to covid I applied for O level thru my clg and got grades without giving exams
got 1C and 1D

At this point of my life, I was happy I got accepted by an army clg for women for BSCS
and started doing well I started topping in class but it wasn't for long
the clg wanted the equivalence and so it waited for the original certificates and
I went back to get the equivalence and got rejected again cuz a new rule I had to do Urdu as well ... I had to leave clg. I couldn't freeze my semester since it was my first semester I could make it till mid-semester exams.

now Idk anything bout Urdu since I never learn to read much or write and my exams r on 3rd and 11th may
now I can write simple sentences and read EZ words know about 100 idioms but I'm still not up to the level I need to make complex sentences. my vocab is too simple and I'm giving up hope that I can ever be that good in a language that is new to me and that I'll ever be able to get back in that clg again sometimes I feel like I am an example of what not to be...

IDK anything about my future or what I can be with a BSCS degree or if I'll make it out of Urdu with a passing grade.

Edit: just letting myself out
First of all, thank you for trusting all of us enough to tell us your problems. Secondly, if you are capable of doing basic urdu just like that then you can achieve better and thats a fact . Thirdly, I know a academy with the best teachers and they are offering an online crash course for urdu. I have already passed urdu so I am sure that they will help you as I have seen students come in and then leave with atleast an A. As far as the academy is concerned its the benchmark academy and they have very sincere teachers who will understand your problems and dont you worry ; everything happens for better and never for worse and whoever said worse is an idiot and I am 100% sure about it.

Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon

Reaction score
i'll save

it maybe cuz i live in a joint family that I'm not able to spend studying cuz as a girl I'm told to work more at home rather on laptop studying
1617117177123.png
Here are a few video's showing up, if I search O level Urdu B.

1617117459561.png
Here are few more sources.

I am sorry at this point in time I beleive that I won't be of much help.

Please do not be de-graded to this extent. you can do it, life is never too short to start again my friend, Have faith and hold on.

Reaction score
i'll save

Reaction score
thank
First of all, thank you for trusting all of us enough to tell us your problems. Secondly, if you are capable of doing basic urdu just like that then you can achieve better and thats a fact . Thirdly, I know a academy with the best teachers and they are offering an online crash course for urdu. I have already passed urdu so I am sure that they will help you as I have seen students come in and then leave with atleast an A. As far as the academy is concerned its the benchmark academy and they have very sincere teachers who will understand your problems and dont you worry ; everything happens for better and never for worse and whoever said worse is an idiot and I am 100% sure about it.

Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon
thank you but I'm kind of not allowed to go to an academy bcuz I'm a girl and am facing financial probs. but thank you for suggesting me one so I can somehow maybe convince my parents

Reaction score
View attachment 65939
Here are a few video's showing up, if I search O level Urdu B.

View attachment 65940
Here are few more sources.

I am sorry at this point in time I beleive that I won't be of much help.

Please do not be de-graded to this extent. you can do it, life is never too short to start again my friend, Have faith and hold on.
i have been using urdu pod 101 actually and it helped a lot building my base of Urdu
thank you for sharing more channels Icann refer to

Reaction score
i use urdu skills website currently but its kind of hard but still using and trying to understand
papa Cambridge is new to me
thank you will checkit out