• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I HAVE VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM YOU TOMM (PHYS P6)

Reaction score
Thanks alot, but why is one of the pins put onto the incident ray? Thanks again, I really appreciate it.. :)

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
Thanks alot, but why is one of the pins put onto the incident ray? Thanks again, I really appreciate it.. :)
I reread the question and it doesn't mention putting one of the pins on the incident ray. All 3 pins should be on the reflected ray from what i'm reading.

Reaction score
Guys , sometimes when question asks to draw a graph using numbers from tables , it doesn't say should it be a curve or straight line. How do I know when to draw straight line and when to draw a curve ? :(

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Guys , sometimes when question asks to draw a graph using numbers from tables , it doesn't say should it be a curve or straight line. How do I know when to draw straight line and when to draw a curve ? :(

most of the time they ask u for the best fit line :D

Reaction score
haochen said:
DowntownCrew said:

most of the time they ask u for the best fit line :D

Is there anything that makes me sure which one to draw or it is just a guessing ?

Reaction score
OMG look at this paper 2007 oct/nov paper 6 question 3 b.

Theory suggests that I=I1+I2+I3.State whether your readings support this theory.Give a reason for your choice.

So , when I add those three I get 0.39 , while I=0.41.In mark scheme statement is yes.Any explanation about this ?

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
Well, see the mark scheme...
well , you're right. Apparently this is how the experiment is done and you can't know this without having done practical work.
I think it might be so people can measure the angle between the incident ray and the reflected ray afterwards. Only reason i can think of ;<.

Reaction score
need a help in june 2010 paper 6 variatn 61 question 4 part b what is this question asking to us....helpp me plz asap

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:

Theory suggests that I=I1+I2+I3.State whether your readings support this theory.Give a reason for your choice.

So , when I add those three I get 0.39 , while I=0.41.In mark scheme statement is yes.Any explanation about this ?

Because it's within the limits of experimental accuracy. it's within 10%.
you can calculate 10% of 0.41 like this 0.41 x 10 / 100 = 0.041. and 0.41 - 0.39 = 0.02. so the difference is within experimental accuracy and hence it's correct.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
DowntownCrew said:

Because it's within the limits of experimental accuracy. it's within 10%.
you can calculate 10% of 0.41 like this 0.41 x 10 / 100 = 0.041. and 0.41 - 0.39 = 0.02. so the difference is within experimental accuracy and hence it's correct.

Experimental accuracy is mentioned in MS only.Do I have to calculate it everytime when there are some theories and readings ?

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
PS. if it is within 10 % then it is accepted , if not statement would be NO then , right ?

Yea , anytime he asks if an experiment agrees with a theory. You have to calculate if it's within EA. sometimes it's easier as the values are far apart it couldn't be within 10%.
And yea , if it wasn't within EA , then the results do not agree with the theory.

Reaction score
misternervous said:
DowntownCrew said:
PS. if it is within 10 % then it is accepted , if not statement would be NO then , right ?

what are the precaution for lens

Making sure the lens is perpendicular to the surface.
Making sure the object and the lens are on the same height from the bench.
Using a darkened room.
Accounting for parallex by observing it at 90 degree angle.
Clamping the lens so it doesn't move.
Making sure the center of the lens is in line with the center of the screen.

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to know if the slope(gradient) has a unit or not? PLEASE ASAP! THANKS!