• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

i need guidence

Reaction score
hi every one i need ur guidance. i m going to teach igcse biology and this is my ist experience teaching them. so i ll appreciate if u tell me how to start and what should i focus on.

Reaction score
Hello @daniyafatima,
It seems you are a teacher, as a student having studied the IGCSE Biology course, I must say it is fairly simple and easy to comprehend. My instructor was very much focused upon the practice of past papers. Which, if I may add, was indeed a very good way to prepare for the CIE exams. What you could do is skim some relevant past paper questions after each chapter, so that the students are well aware with the style of questions they may be asked on the day. Good luck!

Reaction score
hi every one i need ur guidance. i m going to teach igcse biology and this is my ist experience teaching them. so i ll appreciate if u tell me how to start and what should i focus on.

First of all you need to have complete knowledge of the entire course.
After having gone through all the chapters, and deeply understanding each word..
You should have idea about the past paper questions.

You should also familiarize yourself with the syllabus outline, as it is the key to all this.
Your teaching should revolve around the key points given in the syllabus.

Now, coming to the lectures.
Prepare yourself before lectures.
And, during lectures write the important points down, speak clearly and in easy words so the students can understand.
Draw diagrams, and other pictures related to the chapter.
Explain the details to the students.
Ask questions, answer their queries.
That is how you will create a learning environment.

Reaction score
After having gone through all the chapters, and deeply understanding each word..

You should also familiarize yourself with the syllabus outline, as it is the key to all this.

And, during lectures write the important points down, speak clearly and in easy words so the students can understand.
You're really good :eek: (y)

Reaction score

the best reply ever.. .... ...:-D o_O :O :-! :)

Reaction score
i'm privately giving edexcel A2 physics and chemistry exams on june. the problem is unit 6 (6CH06 for chem and 6PH06 for physics) appears nowhere in the 'entry detail form', except in the single check box, that includes all 6 units, but i have already givin AS papers.
2ndly unit 6 dont even appear in the'examination timetable'!
have they made changes to the course in the past 2 years, since i gave my AS in 2012 june, wondering if they r still valid?