• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I need help on ICT practical (Excel) pls

Reaction score
This paper is for Information Technology, not ICT, which is Information and Communication Technology.

However, I think I can help a little bit. Have you done the steps before Q6, as it is important to do the Qs in order?

Also, do you know how to use functions in Excel? And what are the most common functions?

What I have understood from Q6 is that you need a function to count how many cells in the column Company are filled with names of orders. And this function should be the content of the cell to the right of the cell named Number of orders in the Information Table. I'm not very familiar with Excel's functions, neither do I have it on my computer, so I cannot help in that aspect of the question.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
it's on this paper
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0418 - Information Technology/0418_s04_qp_4.pdf

Question 6, I really don't know how to do it..pls help...
Here we use the CountA function. In the Information Table, in the I3 cell, use the CountA function to find the no. of orders in the Company column. Write =CountA(, then select the field below the Company column that is B2:B13. It will look like this. =COUNTA(B2:b13)

I hope you find it helpful:D