• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I need help physics unit 3b !

Reaction score
can anyone explain the ((DEPENDENT)) and the ((INDEPENDENT)) its really confusing :confused:
thnx in advance

Reaction score
can anyone explain the ((DEPENDENT)) and the ((INDEPENDENT)) its really confusing :confused:
thnx in advance
it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it..see the dependent variable depends on the change of some other variable ,,while on the other hand the independent variable is the factor that YOU,THE INVESTIGATOR, will change to see whether or not does it affect the dependent variable..and if it does how is it proportional or inversely proportional ...if you dont get that and try to understand this just try to make two sentences and see which one makes more sense im not a physics student but i do take chemistry and we also have the same thing so here's an example an experiemnt was caried out to determine the effect of temperature on the rate of reaction...so make to sentences
1. increasing the rate of reaction affects temperature(not realllyyy sensible)
2.increasing the temperature affects the rate of reaction...makes sense so your INdependent variable the one on the x-axis is temperature and the DEPENDENT variable is the rate of reaction . and its the one that you will record readings for.
hope that helps..if you dont get it yet please tell me ill try to explain a bit more..until then GOOD LUCK IN PHYSICS 2MORROW(AS-LEVEL)

Reaction score
it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it..see the dependent variable depends on the change of some other variable ,,while on the other hand the independent variable is the factor that YOU,THE INVESTIGATOR, will change to see whether or not does it affect the dependent variable..and if it does how is it proportional or inversely proportional ...if you dont get that and try to understand this just try to make two sentences and see which one makes more sense im not a physics student but i do take chemistry and we also have the same thing so here's an example an experiemnt was caried out to determine the effect of temperature on the rate of reaction...so make to sentences
2.increasing the temperature affects the rate of reaction...makes sense so your INdependent variable the one on the x-axis is temperature and the DEPENDENT variable is the rate of reaction . and its the one that you will record readings for.
hope that helps..if you dont get it yet please tell me ill try to explain a bit more..until then GOOD LUCK IN PHYSICS 2MORROW(AS-LEVEL)

thix bloom Princeton it really helped it was great explanation !!
and best of luck for you too I your exams

Reaction score
that's so nice from you!!
well may you plz give me examples on uncertainty and were it may occur??

Reaction score
that's so nice from you!!
well may you plz give me examples on uncertainty and were it may occur??
well im not really as i said a physics student but uncertainity occurs in appartus like in chemisrty we have the balance has an uncertainity of o.1g this means that any mass you will obtain will be having a minimum value and a maximum value eg. say u weighed somthing on the balance and it showed u a reading of 4.5g the uncertainity here is that the minimum value of the object is 4.5g - 0.1g =4.4g
and the maximum value is 4.5g + o.1g =4.6g
so basically uncertainity occurs due to the lack of precision in the apparatus during manufacturing it..to reduce the errors caused by uncertainity you can use a larger mass this will reduce tne error

hope im not too late..how did ur exam go?

Reaction score
well im not really as i said a physics student but uncertainity occurs in appartus like in chemisrty we have the balance has an uncertainity of o.1g this means that any mass you will obtain will be having a minimum value and a maximum value eg. say u weighed somthing on the balance and it showed u a reading of 4.5g the uncertainity here is that the minimum value of the object is 4.5g - 0.1g =4.4g
so basically uncertainity occurs due to the lack of precision in the apparatus during manufacturing it..to reduce the errors caused by uncertainity you can use a larger mass this will reduce tne error

How did you do in the experiment?

Reaction score

lol it was late :/
but tanx anyway !
it was really easy unit I sow question 8 >__< the only hard question !!

Reaction score
yeah it was really shitty, I didnt know how to plot the scale of 0.01 -_-
ya that's the thing did know how chose the scale :"(
but what I did in part (b) is I took pints from the table and done the calculation !! do you think that I will be accepted ??