• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I need help =|

Reaction score
Okay so Im done with my Igcse..Average grades lol.. English (2nd language) B, Geo - C, Maths Core - C, Bio A, Business A and I.T- B
Im planning to take Accounting this year which unfortunately I've no idea about..but i was told that Igcse and As level Accounting is kind of similar.
I don't know if I will be able to handle the subject. I was also thinking about taking English but I took it as my second language, i guess its going to be really hard for me =| any suggestions?

Reaction score
no it is not. Take GP 8001 and it is very easy, better than 8004 as it tests more of your skills but is around the same level. if you go lit and lang however that shit is hardcore. apart from that considering your query about accounting, if you know that you are a mediocre student dont take it you will just shit it. may suggestion is take it - after your first year ends if you cant cope just drop it to AS and give paper 1 n 2 and end it. these are manageable. take business. maybe economics. and yes they are kind of similiar BUT the A-Level one just jumps over.

for example, igcse paper 1 question asks you "what is cost of sales" but the A-Level one requires you to extract data from a long and confusing list and prepare accounts - calculating the cost of sales in the process.

get where this is going? its headed towards this : build up on what you studied @ igcse. helps.