• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I think I am a really unfortunate person

Reaction score
I mean I worked so hard and I got a B in edexcel gce o level urdu and a C in edexcel gce o level islamiyat. I was expecting A's in both the subjects. Even in my school those students whose performance is not better than me got an A in urdu, so how come I got a B???? As far as for islamiyat, only one student got an A. When we were having our islamiyat exam in the examination hall so he was keep on staring at me very unusually. And at that time i was solving my paper very desperately. May be he has done something wrong. :cry:
Well but i should not be suspecting people like that. may be it was me, but I worked very hard. I guess my luck is very bad.

Reaction score
Don't be sad! as being unhappy will not solve anything! Well if your confident that your paper was that much good and you have matched your answers with marking Scheme than go for rechecking! Believe in Allah as He must have planned something much better for you in upcoming years !! Well and if a guy stares you in examination hall that can't cause you bad luck as luck itself is a superstition made by people! BE Bold and confident !

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
shahlakh said:
I mean I worked so hard and I got a B in edexcel gce o level urdu and a C in edexcel gce o level islamiyat.
Well but i should not be suspecting people like that. may be it was me, but I worked very hard. I guess my luck is very bad.
There are things beyond studies also.
You also got a not-so-good grade before in CIE Pak St. ..if my presumption is correct!!
If such is the case, then surely you dont have the grip over such subjects (subjects which are partially if not ENTIRELY concerned with rote).
I have seen people getting B's n C's (even D's) in subjects like these (Islamiyat, Urdu and Pak.St), but eventually they got all A's (with some A*'s) in their other MAIN SUBJECTS.
And your marks of these subjects do not really matter (this is why many people give them in a separate session).

My Advice: Go study hard for rest of your subjects n FORGET these grades.. InshAllah and I am sure ...you'll do Great in those subjects, with much less effort. Try taking some extra subjects like Add Maths (if you are good at maths) and Computers.

P.S even if you want admission in Pak Universities... B and C are not that bad!!

Reaction score
i just don't understand that why Allah is doing this with me. My mother had always told me that I have been born as a talented person, but now i say that there is no use of my talent. I mean look at my grades! Believe me!!! I worked hard a lot even more than those who got A in both the subjects. So how come i got such a less marks?? :cry: I think I am a very very unfortunate person!! This shows that no matter how much hard work i do, i will always get lower marks :(

Reaction score
Well maybe Allah has planned something better for you! Well i think none can change what happen as this quote says
"No one can go back and make a new beginning but anyone can start now and make a new ending" just remember this! Work more hard and achieve success !!

Reaction score
But nobody knows how bad i am feeling right now. I am getting very discouraged. I am just tired of life without success. I mean success gives a person hope for the future. I don't know what Allah really wants from me. I had plead him several times to give me an A or A* but I don't know why he didn't fulfill my prayers.I just just don't know what to do. I have lost all my hopes!! And now I want to take out my tears from my eyes to calm down myself.

Reaction score
Hey Listen! Don't get discouraged ok! Well many of us face failure many times but if we start crying for every time we face failure then we can't move on towards success! Remember it is useless to cry over spilt milk! BE A MAN DUDE! your being like a girl !! :)

Reaction score
Oh no problem. I know you were just advising me. But it doesn't mean that if I am a girl, so i can't be strong. I should be firm in my heart. You are truly right to say so! I hope I get A*s in the next five subjects that I am going to give in may 2011.
Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
No problem! Inshallah! soon within months you will post a thread in which you will share that you acheived all A* !! INSHALLAH !!

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much salman. I am really hoping for that moment to come.
One more thing I want to ask you is that I have heard that people curse on others. in other words they pray something bad for them and that prayer is also fulfilled. is that really true? I mean I know it is. But i just doubt that the grades that i got in islamiyat and urdu, is may be because someone cursed me. I think that someone is trying to play with my life. May be that is why i am getting low grades.

Reaction score
Well as far as my experience is concerned I don't think that the if anyone curse you it will affect you! If you have a firm believe in Allah as your sole protector than no one in this world can harm you! My advice to you is recite Surah Nas and Surah Falaq every morning this should make you better!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
shahlakh said:
Oh thank you so much salman. I am really hoping for that moment to come.
One more thing I want to ask you is that I have heard that people curse on others. in other words they pray something bad for them and that prayer is also fulfilled. is that really true? I mean I know it is. But i just doubt that the grades that i got in islamiyat and urdu, is may be because someone cursed me. I think that someone is trying to play with my life. May be that is why i am getting low grades.
Well..the answer to this question ...i've given in one of my posts...dont remember which thread..!! hope u saw that!! :)

Reaction score
Here is a true inspirational poem by Rudyard Kipling and persnally my favourite. It have a message for almost everyone and message for you(shahlakh) I have bolded out. Enjoy it !

IF
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

Reaction score
Oh that was a brilliant poem and very attractive as well. It is very rich in imagination and moral teachings.
Thanks a lot Anon. You have also encouraged me.