• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I will go mad due to confusion!help!

Reaction score
AOA, i have some questions regarding a levels, which i have recently started and is now confused about many things:

Reaction score
My answers may not be absolutely correct, but let me share what i know.
1.For Applying to universities in the USA or canada, it is quite important that you have a good enough transcript, that is good grades in the internal examinations of the school. such as mid year exam, final exams, etc. Private candidates may ask their academy to make a transcript of the tests taken at the academy or may email the university explaining their current situation. The university would explain better what would help in their admissions process.
2.Well, the admissions system vary across the globe, you may want to google around the websites of different universities to see their particular requirements. But for most UK based universities see the Olevels and ESPECIALLY Alevels result. Given that you are an international candidate you may want to take TOEFL or IELTS for proving your competency in English(this is for all universities abroad). For USA based universities, olevels and alevels might suffice, but doing SAT and SAT II (subject tests) would be advised as they are more widely accepted in the USA. For other universites, please see their website. I cannot stress enough how important researching universities is!
3. See no.1
4.If you wrote a little about your olevel subjects and your list of preferred professions, it would be easier to answer.
Feel free to PM me if i could be of any help :) Best wishes for your future.

Reaction score
My answers may not be absolutely correct, but let me share what i know.
1.For Applying to universities in the USA or canada, it is quite important that you have a good enough transcript, that is good grades in the internal examinations of the school. such as mid year exam, final exams, etc. Private candidates may ask their academy to make a transcript of the tests taken at the academy or may email the university explaining their current situation. The university would explain better what would help in their admissions process.
2.Well, the admissions system vary across the globe, you may want to google around the websites of different universities to see their particular requirements. But for most UK based universities see the Olevels and ESPECIALLY Alevels result. Given that you are an international candidate you may want to take TOEFL or IELTS for proving your competency in English(this is for all universities abroad). For USA based universities, olevels and alevels might suffice, but doing SAT and SAT II (subject tests) would be advised as they are more widely accepted in the USA. For other universites, please see their website. I cannot stress enough how important researching universities is!
3. See no.1
4.If you wrote a little about your olevel subjects and your list of preferred professions, it would be easier to answer.
Feel free to PM me if i could be of any help :) Best wishes for your future.
I am really thankful for your help.Well, now i have opted for urdu, economics, maths and psychlogy and i cannot change them.Thanks a lot!