• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IAL Biology Unit 4

How's your Bio revision going?

• Total voters
Reaction score
what did u guys write for the peacock question in which it asked that why colourful feathers were selected? and why the femal peacock have dull coloured feeathers?
because it gave reproductive advantage to the males..they could attract more females.
for female.. better camouflage and to make them different than the males so she is recognised as potential mate by the males.

Reaction score
otherwise if we discuss now and people are not done with their papers, then say good bye to bio cz the grade boundaries are going to shoot up high :( so its better not to discuss.

Reaction score
yeah it said half life APPROXIMATELY halves every 10 days so by 49 days I can expect about 5 half lives to have gone by, wrote 1/32
was there any value given??i wrote 1/32....cause halves at every 10 days, so after 49 days it will be.....i don't know....i just know i have to nail unit 5

Reaction score
Our marks are all dependent on the mark scheme the examiners have prepared and that would show how much accurate checking they are going to do. I hope these ial examiners pity on us.

Reaction score
I wonder how i could've got 6 marks on decomposition question, maybe mentioning some digestive enzymes?
yeah its true i thing we had tomention like microorganisms are saprophytes, for example bacteria is a saprophyte and then mention external digestion i mean like they release enzymes that digest the organic matter releasing all the nutrients which is then taken in by the bacteria. bacteria respire and release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. same amount of carbon in the form of CO2 is release as was taken in by the bacteria. i think thats all we had to write. i dont get it why was it suppos to be 6 marks :S?

Reaction score
yeah its true i thing we had tomention like microorganisms are saprophytes, for example bacteria is a saprophyte and then mention external digestion i mean like they release enzymes that digest the organic matter releasing all the nutrients which is then taken in by the bacteria. bacteria respire and release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. same amount of carbon in the form of CO2 is release as was taken in by the bacteria. i think thats all we had to write. i dont get it why was it suppos to be 6 marks :S?
amm I think it was to do with ezymes..such as lipase,protease and carbohydrase present in the microorganism that would help it to convert organic compound lipids,protiens and carbohydrates respectively to inorganic molecules