• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT practical may 2012 igcse edexcel

Reaction score
ok then nobody has the paper so i guess i'll just have to look at the book again for the 100th time !

Reaction score
Don't be bitchy, help people!
Generic stuff really, Asked to crop out a plane. Change colors in a picture of a drawing provided, Just darken the borders and lighten the insides.
Simple reports, queries and one form. Learn how to make options (Mr/Mrs) in the forms. Query criteria involves dates. Learn that!
They'll also ask you to make a webpage, Use MS Powerpoint to do so and save it as a page. Layout given, Simple instructions to be followed. Don't take too much time here though. Screwed me over.
Spreadsheet's a bit trickier, there's one question I still don't know the answer to. Other than that it's just simple functions like Sum(Range) and multiplication. Also learn how to make a graph with titles, axis labels.
For MS word, Learn the Memo format. Details to be filled in will be provided so no worries.
There's also a final report you'll have to create using the data created earlier. Not that hard, work quickly though!

Reaction score
Generic stuff really, Asked to crop out a plane. Change colors in a picture of a drawing provided, Just darken the borders and lighten the insides.
Simple reports, queries and one form. Learn how to make options (Mr/Mrs) in the forms. Query criteria involves dates. Learn that!
They'll also ask you to make a webpage, Use MS Powerpoint to do so and save it as a page. Layout given, Simple instructions to be followed. Don't take too much time here though. Screwed me over.
Spreadsheet's a bit trickier, there's one question I still don't know the answer to. Other than that it's just simple functions like Sum(Range) and multiplication. Also learn how to make a graph with titles, axis labels.
For MS word, Learn the Memo format. Details to be filled in will be provided so no worries.
There's also a final report you'll have to create using the data created earlier. Not that hard, work quickly though!
U sir deserve a trophy XD

Reaction score

THANKYOUU SOO MUCH!!!!! :D
do you have the memo format i dont trust my teacher!!!

Reaction score
Erm...
To:
CC:
Date:
Subject:

Can you guys PLEASE spread this around, As many people as possible should get to see this!

Reaction score

Reaction score
sup people

here is the stuff

ALL the STUFF

DAtabase is 31 marks.
here is a tip, there is a data entry question in DB where u have to make a data entry form, this means making a usual form.
you will get the usual reports, and stuff.
The kinda tough part is the queries, just check up queries online, specially search between dates.
excel according to my sources are gonna be pretty easy, though usually it is only SS1 to SS3, this time it is from SS1 to SS5.
Spreadsheet no IF functions ( i was the seriously edexcel) only SUM, MIN and MAX. if u dunno, check em up !!
No powerpoint. you will have to make a webpage. i reccomend MS word or MS publisher, cuz it is easy and no need to type in a code.
here the different part. u downloaded the files above right ? Checkout the file "july.txt". you will need to use information from this to create a memo ( memorandam or sum shit it is called.) check online how to write a memo. if ur school PC has internet during the exam, in word 2007/10 go to NEW. you get a window with templates. Select the memo template and download a suitable memo template. Remember RE: means the subject.
The first section is only 8 marks, and u only have to do a few editing like cropping the plane photo. I reccomend paint ( i know right!) cuz it is faster and easier to do the stuff, thus saving you time.

• Also start with access. has the highest marks and u can do it without being underpressure.
  • always make sure u got the header's and footers right.
  • In word when u have to copy images, remember to put the question number
  • make sure u know how to put all of a spread sheet to one a4 page.
  • use ur mind a bit in the website, sum marks i think are being awared for creativity.
We still havent done the paper, but me being a time traveller know this. thats all, i wish we could have the paper. :(

P.S Wish me luck for tomorrow's exam and for this awesome answer ehh ?
P.P.S IF u have any other problem post, if i know i will reply.

Do you think there're two different papers?