• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT THEORY!!!

Reaction score
can someone help me with simplified notes for IT theory to study from and can get a good grade because i find the text book sooooooooooo LONG and BOOORRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGGG!!!!! :(:X3: soo if you offer me any help would be really appreciated!! :D

Reaction score
:)

Good luck revising! Plus which textbook do you use?

Attachments

• Revision Pack for ICT.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 203
Reaction score
i use this instead of the textbook...things are waaaayyy simpler to learn from this!!;):p:D

Attachments

• 10-ig-ict.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
Reaction score
I.C.T

I.C.T E-book here
Access here
Excel here
Powerpoint here
Word here
Frontpage here
I.C.T combined notes here
All theory notes summarized into flashcards here
Frequently asked questions with the model answer here
Notes for Paper 2 and Paper 3 exam here

Chapter Wise Notes [I.C.T]
Chapter 1 here
Chapter 2 here
Chapter 3 here
Chapter 4 here
Chapter 5 here
Chapter 6 here
Chapter 7 here
Chapter 8 here

Reaction score
I have three ICT Textbooks, they're all blue.

Hodder,
Collins,
And that one that's combined with Computer Studies

Reaction score
tips for A* in ict paper 1
read textbooks / revision notes. do past papers. ict is a pretty straight forward subject, unlike english...

how much is A* in ict paper 1

for an A* in all cie igcse subjects, you must get 90% and above. the raw mark needed varies though. idk how they do it exactly.

plus you don't get an a* in paper one. the a* you receive is an average of 1, 2 & 3

Reaction score
read textbooks / revision notes. do past papers. ict is a pretty straight forward subject, unlike english...

for an A* in all cie igcse subjects, you must get 90% and above. the raw mark needed varies though. idk how they do it exactly.

plus you don't get an a* in paper one. the a* you receive is an average of 1, 2 & 3

thanks

Reaction score
check this it might help
FOR THEORY PAPER !
1-Read the question carefully
2-underline the thing they want(always helps me)
3- Read what it says in notes and textbook and compare with mark scheme and choose the most relevant points!
(I am saying to check the mark scheme because all points might not be in the textbook and this sometime mark scheme has more simple answers)
4-Write down the points make sure your sentences are linked to case given (if any)
5-Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases !
6-Read your answer IT MUST MAKE SENSE and be direct so that the examiner does not hesitate to give marks
7-learn your answer in away you will remember it and when you do the next paper if the same question repeates DONT BE OVERCONFIDENT do it ! it will be
like test of how much you know and remember.

try all variants dont leave out any question after doing two years do the third one as a test do not sneak peak into marking scheme and TIME yourself

Reaction score
can someone help me with simplified notes for IT theory to study from and can get a good grade because i find the text book sooooooooooo LONG and BOOORRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGGG!!!!! :(:X3: soo if you offer me any help would be really appreciated!! :D
if u hva nay problemin past paper question u can post here!

Reaction score
check this it might help
FOR THEORY PAPER !
1-Read the question carefully
2-underline the thing they want(always helps me)
3- Read what it says in notes and textbook and compare with mark scheme and choose the most relevant points!
(I am saying to check the mark scheme because all points might not be in the textbook and this sometime mark scheme has more simple answers)
4-Write down the points make sure your sentences are linked to case given (if any)
5-Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases !
6-Read your answer IT MUST MAKE SENSE and be direct so that the examiner does not hesitate to give marks
7-learn your answer in away you will remember it and when you do the next paper if the same question repeates DONT BE OVERCONFIDENT do it ! it will be
like test of how much you know and remember.

try all variants dont leave out any question after doing two years do the third one as a test do not sneak peak into marking scheme and TIME yourself
Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases?
i don't know what you mean but an advantage how i will make from it a sentence.. dude?

Reaction score
Make sure you write complete sentences and not phrases?
i don't know what you mean but an advantage how i will make from it a sentence.. dude?
your answer should make sense cuz ur writing and snwer not bullet points like in mark scheme!