• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IELTS experience report (first time)

Reaction score
Aoa everyone!

I have given an IELTS test from islamabad on the 13th of october, 2012, it was my first time, and i am here to share my experience, and review how i went through on the exam day, so anyone who is not familiar with how everything goes on exam day, can get familiarize.

My speaking test was on the 9th of october and the remaining sections were on the 13th of october.

For my speaking test, the venue was : embassy lodge
I went in, 1 and a half hour early, and waited in the waiting room, but then i found out that i had not brought the sheet that was emailed to me 1 week before my exam date. But luckily the guy in the waiting room helped me get a print out of it from the reception desk. We all started talking in the waiting room, and alot of people kept boosting me by telling me that i will get a good score and that i should nt, worry, that did help me but still, then someone came in the waiting room, and called me and some other guys, my time was 12:15 pm, i went in got my picture taken, and they signed the print out sheet that i had just gotten from the reception desk, then i went to another table, where i signed my name and i was assigned a door room, where i then went, then when i went in the room, there was a woman sitting there, with a desk infront of her where she had a folder and a voice recorder, i sat on the chair which was opposite to hers, and then she greeted me and started the voice recorder. On the first section of the speaking test, she asked me several small questions, for example, how does sports make you fit, etc. What do you like to play in sports?. I answered them clearly but i did notice that i didnt had a lot to talk about, i would gradually start looking somewhere and i was nervous as hell. All these points should be prevented please, dont let ur nerves get to you, In the second section she gave me a task card ( a white piece of thick paper) and a piece of pencil, she then told me a topic to talk about for a minute, my topic was a street, and i had to talk about why was it sucha memorable street and what made me like it. to be really frank with you guys, you dont really have to talk for a whole minute, i sure didnt, and i made up alot of stuff, and the interviewer could see that i was so nervous, because when she asked for the task card, she could see that it was bent from my fidgeting. then for the third section, she asked me thorough questions about the same topic, she asked me what factors contribute in making a city successful, so i was bit frank with her on this, and she could see that, i chuckled a bit, and she knew what point i was trying to make, so make sure that you know how to make ur point be understood, and make the intreviewer feel as if your their friend, and ur trying to explain them something, after that she thanked me and shook my hand, and i left the room. So thats basically it for my speaking experience, i hope you guys will learn a lot of good stuff from it, and would not make the same mistakes as i did!

If you guys want to read my experiences for the rest of the section of IELTS, then do let me know, i will happily make another article for it!

By the way i got 8 in my listening section! so its all worth it, and i couldnt believe it seriously. I think its because of my american accent, that got me that score. But anyways Goodluck to everyone who is going to give this test!