• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Accounting 0452

Reaction score
In the machine account u always apply historical cost concept... therefore it shows the value of machinery if it is a machinery account, so I guess this can be used and then subtract from it the value of asset at the end...
MnMz Please coorect me if I'm wrong

hmm....alright! but can u please tell me what was the historical cost concept??

Reaction score
hmm....alright! but can u please tell me what was the historical cost concept??

It means throughout the life of the asset, we use the historical cost of the asset (cost at the time of purchase), i mean we dont write the depreciation in the asset account...

Reaction score
I'm pretty fine ALHAMDULILLAH in the numerical parts... preperation of balance sheets etc but I have problems in errors, and theoretical questions where we have to show affect on working capital, understated/overstated, and accounting policies.

Reaction score
You need to treat Debentures ledger separate to the interest applicable since Debentures are "non-current liabilities" where as the interest for these is an expense.

The ledgers would be approached something like this. I will type our journal entries for ease.

Create a debenture (i.e. long term liabilities are increased and cashbook is increased)
- DR Cashbook
- CR Debentures (perhaps a name of who liability is to if more debentures are held)

Repayment of debentures in full or part:
- DR Debentures
- CR Cashbook

Loan Interest for period (treat as an expense account)

DR Debenture Loan Interest
CR Cashbook
(This may be carried out several times per period when paying in installments.)

At the end of the period to account for the "charge for the year" accounting for any accruals and/or prepayments of loan interest.

DR P+L (an expense for the period)
CR Loan Interest (reduces the expense but this is normal when charging the amount to the p+L for the period end.

Reaction score
1,000 Motor Vehicles - Part ex. proportion of value of new van (debit vehicle account)
266 Disposals - The loss on the valuation (swap if it's a profit)

Add in new vehicle
3,000 Vehicles - Balancing amount paid

(3,000) Bank - Actual payment

did you get it???

Didn't get that bit ._.