• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Accounting May/June 2014

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm taking Accounting this session June 2014 and paper 1 is on 5th of June and paper 2 is on 9th of June.
Anyway, this my second time taking accounting because I took it in Nov 2013 but unfortunately the grade was so bad so due to the amount and difficulty of subjects I'm taking with accounting this session I barely studied accounting since the last session now there are 12 days left for paper 1 and 15 days left for paper 2 and I want to revise the syllabus as fast as possible and begin solving past papers to do good on the exam even though it's my mistake that I left it the whole time but everything is possible.
I need some advice and ask some questions:
1- What are the most common topics that come in Paper 1 and Paper 2 so I can set my timetable according to their priority?
2- What is the best book/notes to study from? (Currently, I have the Accounting for Cambridge IGCSE Book and a 200 page notes from a well known teacher)
3- What is the most efficient and easy way to study Accounting?

**NOTE: I have a Paper 2 Chemistry A level Edexcel exam left before the Accounting exams so keep that in mind.
...and finally, is there any chance that I could score an A* in the accounting this session because I truly don't have any time in the next sessions for re-examinations.
THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)
How did your paper go?

Reaction score
what questions were there in accounting paper 1? if you have a link that can make me get the accounting papers please do so

Reaction score
So the results have been released. What grades did you all get? I got an A MashaAllah.

Reaction score
ehem.. umm
okay, so i have this accounting doubt and I'd really appreciate some help. I'm really sorry if this is causing any cause of inconvenience to anyone, but I'm literally drowning in this subject.
Well so, this is May- June 2013 paper 22 Q.3 (bank reconciliation).
So, in the updated cash book we are expected to include anything in the bank statement that isn't recorded in the cash book right? so that's what i did, but when i checked the mark scheme i found that they included the rent, and the dishonored cheque but not this transaction on 2nd of April of "Credit -- $280" , and i have noo idea why is that so, would someone please help me out with this one?
photo.php

Reaction score
Hi , if anyone has the PDF copy of Cambridge Accounting for AS Alevel please share, thanks alot, i need the 2nd edition by Hopkins and Randall,