• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Business 0450 Paper 2

Reaction score
I have been surfing around the website and figured out that no one posted anything about this.
Many of us find difficulties in solving paper 2, the case study hullabaloo, so I thought opening a discussion thread would be helpful for many of us, including me too!
Those who have finished their business exam previously and scored A or A*, kindly bless us with your skills and inform us how in the hell you did that.
As for us, those who have their examination in the coming May/June 2013 session, post your queries here, they might be answered one day.

egy

Reaction score
I am done with most of the syllabus but need to start a full revision what to do I have two subjects only so i guess have enough time to revise and practise yes

need advice for revision and collect points about all the subject

Reaction score
Yes Even I am having Issue in Business paper 2. I know one tip that can help all of us. Application. You need to be able to apply the case study to the answer and referring to it. You get extra marks for reference. Application is Important.

Reactions: egy
Reaction score
I thought i was the only pass who had a problem with paper 2. what i was told was application is the most important thing if you need full marks for a question but the problem was how the application should beeeeeeeee

Reaction score
so im not the only one who faces problems solving paper 2
i think we all can do one paper together so we can clarify our queries, if any. How abt that??

Reaction score
w
so im not the only one who faces problems solving paper 2
i think we all can do one paper together so we can clarify our queries, if any. How abt that??

I think we need to list down what are the important things in paper 2 and also identify the pattern of the paper. We will be able to predict how the 2013 paper will be. This wont be 100% accurate but It will help us tackle questions.

Reaction score
for ppr 2, wherein you r provided wid case studies, try 2 relate 2 d case as much as psbl, n mention d name of d biz where possible.
generally, try 2 include d effect of the situation on time, money, efficiency, etc.
and please practice a LOT
last and MOST IMP, PRAY, n KEEP PRAYING, 4 u n others too (n me 2..AS level is kind of v boring ;)) as nobody has d capacity 2 give u wt u want, if u deserve it or not, except Allah.

Reaction score
I am done with most of the syllabus but need to start a full revision what to do I have two subjects only so i guess have enough time to revise and practise yes

need advice for revision and collect points about all the subject
My teacher always said: "Book in brain, brain in head, pen in hand."
That was back in grade 2 or something like that!
When it came to business, I realized that it doesn't mean memorize your book! She meant: understand what you are reading and keep your understanding in your brain and use your head and hand in the exam! I believe that solving too many past papers is enough, but for paper 2, I can't tackle it until now!

Reaction score
Yes Even I am having Issue in Business paper 2. I know one tip that can help all of us. Application. You need to be able to apply the case study to the answer and referring to it. You get extra marks for reference. Application is Important.
Application marks are maximum of 2, losing them isn't a big deal!

Reaction score
Application marks are maximum of 2, losing them isn't a big deal!
Application is 2 Marks... example.. there are 5 questions.. and you don't follow application.. you lose 10 marks.. These 10 marks... can differ in an A and an A*... I guess 10 marks is not a "BIG DEAL" for you too. :)

Reaction score
Application is 2 Marks... example.. there are 5 questions.. and you don't follow application.. you lose 10 marks.. These 10 marks... can differ in an A and an A*... I guess 10 marks is not a "BIG DEAL" for you too. :)
You got maximum of thirty marks to lose and still you get an A*! 30 marks is my safety margin although it might be 40 or 50 sometimes!

Check the mediafire link above, I uploaded my answers for paper 21 June 2011

Reaction score
But
You got maximum of thirty marks to lose and still you get an A*! 30 marks is my safety margin although it might be 40 or 50 sometimes!

Check the mediafire link above, I uploaded my answers for paper 21 June 2011
Thanks

Reaction score
Can Some plzz explain the use of finanacial info.....such as profit & loss,balance sheet,breakeven anylysis , cash flow forcast etc to potential shareholders who wants to invest in the company

Reaction score
ppl i want to ask i did not practice much for this paper i will just practise few days bfr it does this will affect my application