• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Curve Removed?

Reaction score
Rashu712 said:
What's this curve? I'm sorry, I just don't get what it means.

It basically means that the boundaries for different grades are determined by the results of the exam and how many people get different scores.

Reaction score
ok, everyone, chillax. i hate it how people assume CIE will never remove the curves, because it is too far-fetched. i also hate it when people are becoming doomsayers, stating that we'll all fail. i spoke with the CIE sponsor to riyadh (my economics teacher, but still) and he told me that the curves ARE to be removed, but not this session for sure. it will be removed either
1. next may/june session (more likely)
2. next oct/nov seesion (less likely)

so, yeah. we are safe. and i would like to remind everyone that if the curves are removed, the exams are bound to be a hell of a lot easier. don't fret.

Reaction score
Umm. This may seem dumb but I'll ask it anyway :)
The percentage uniform mark; does that mean they're publishing percentages along with our grades this year?
I'm sorry - just a bit confused.

Reaction score
backtodev said:
Umm. This may seem dumb but I'll ask it anyway :)
The percentage uniform mark; does that mean they're publishing percentages along with our grades this year?
I'm sorry - just a bit confused.
nope....its a grading system

Reaction score
In my school teachers dont believe in the curve. They say they were told by CIE that their grading system is a secret and random. Most of us Egyptians believe in the curve but in my school they call it the Egyptian Myth. I'm in a british school by the way.

Reaction score
CommonSense said:
In my school teachers dont believe in the curve. They say they were told by CIE that their grading system is a secret and random. Most of us Egyptians believe in the curve but in my school they call it the Egyptian Myth. I'm in a british school by the way.
its ok, now u know ur teacher are mentally retarded. either that or ur just trollin'
anyways, why the hell would they release grading thresholds and all if there aren't any curves in the first place?