• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE "English as a Second Language" Orals

Reaction score
Hi. I am an IGCSE student taking the May/June 2011 exams. I am so worried to the speaking in English as a second language (Paper 5) because I find it hard to cope with speaking with a person at a different age and my sociality is so bad and I get shy very fast when I talk to a stranger. One more thing is that my teacher NEVER helped us in paper 5, and we only exercise for Papers 2 and 4, and we never socialize.
That's why I am so bad at speaking, although if I knew the topics, I would feel better and more comfortable as I would know some points about what I shall speak about.
I know some of you have already done their oral examinations for english as a second language (paper 5), and please can you tell me the topics you got.
If you you don't want to tell me, and feel this is cheating, please DON'T tell me the topics, and I give you right for this.
Please look into my issue more deeply and try to feel what I am feeling, although if you decide to tell me the topics, please don't tell me wrong topics.
Thanks and good luck to all students doing their exams :)

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
Hi. I am an IGCSE student taking the May/June 2011 exams. I am so worried to the speaking in English as a second language (Paper 5) because I find it hard to cope with speaking with a person at a different age and my sociality is so bad and I get shy very fast when I talk to a stranger. One more thing is that my teacher NEVER helped us in paper 5, and we only exercise for Papers 2 and 4, and we never socialize.
That's why I am so bad at speaking, although if I knew the topics, I would feel better and more comfortable as I would know some points about what I shall speak about.
I know some of you have already done their oral examinations for english as a second language (paper 5), and please can you tell me the topics you got.
If you you don't want to tell me, and feel this is cheating, please DON'T tell me the topics, and I give you right for this.
Please look into my issue more deeply and try to feel what I am feeling, although if you decide to tell me the topics, please don't tell me wrong topics.
Thanks and good luck to all students doing their exams :)