• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Mathematics resit or Additional Mathematics?

Reaction score
I sat for IGCSE Mathematics in O/N 2011, and I just got my results..... I got a C. I'm planning to apply to college by the end of this year, and at that time I wouldn't have my AS results yet, which I plan to sit in O/N 2012, and A2 in M/J 2013. So for the beginning part of the process, they will only see my IGCSE grades, and I'm applying to a couple of science and engineering schools.

I still have to do the rest of my IGCSEs in M/J 2012, this session, and I thought to either resit Maths or take Additional Mathematics. It'll not be very difficult to do Add Math as I will start studying for AS levels, it will help. And I'm a private candidate, so I'm not bound by school regulations or anything. Also, I'm applying to schools which implement the US GPA system, and according to that, a C in IGCSE is equivalent to B or 3.0 in the US system.

What do you think? What will make my application look stronger, resitting Math or doing Add Math?