• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Maths Paper 42

Reaction score
Guys! How do u do MJ/12 P43 Q3 cii and ciii.

I knw P43 isnt our variant but still sme similar quest have been asked..

Reaction score
I think paper 4 will have a full question about matrices as it didn't come in P2 simultaneous equations are gonna be there too some ratio question an area question vectors are gonna be included too a graph question these are kinda my predicted questions as some of them are always common in paper 4 and the others out of logic as they didn't come in Paper 2. Up till now all the papers were easy so far thank God, I don't think Paper 4 is going to be that much of a tricky paper though. Goodluck everyone doing the exam hope you all get A*s :)

Reaction score
Guys! How do u do MJ/12 P43 Q3 cii and ciii.

I knw P43 isnt our variant but still sme similar quest have been asked..
These two questions are easy use tracing paper to try to find out what type of transformation is being used and use this guide for Matrices its not mine but I got it of Xtremepapers

Attachments

• Transformation Matrices.docx
    12.6 KB · Views: 35
Reaction score
I think paper 4 will have a full question about matrices as it didn't come in P2 simultaneous equations are gonna be there too some ratio question an area question vectors are gonna be included too a graph question these are kinda my predicted questions as some of them are always common in paper 4 and the others out of logic as they didn't come in Paper 2. Up till now all the papers were easy so far thank God, I don't think Paper 4 is going to be that much of a tricky paper though. Goodluck everyone doing the exam hope you all get A*s :)
Haha hope you are right, but what is the hardest kind of question that will be there in transformations?

Reaction score
paper 2 was okk buh 4 expect trig mensuration vectors matrices and compl,ex word probz

Reaction score
in paper 4, nth term and probability are the trickiest question.
most people lose marks in them.

Reaction score

It's pretty easy!

Nearer to G than to H: construct a perpendicular bisector of GH!
Nearer to HG than to FG: construct an angle bisector of angle G!
More than 550m from F: the scale is 1cm:10000cm....so u convert that to m which = 100m...then 550/100= 5.5cm....therefore, u have to make a 5.5cm boundary from F!!

hope this helps! :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
there is man :S check again its 42. ..

yeah i found it! its very easy!
u've drawn the graph....draw the line: y=7

this line will goo through 3 points of the curve.....

find the x coordinate of all 3 points!

(D)
do u know wats a tangent??
its a line which just touches the curve at one point and its a STRAIGHT line!
once u've drawn it, find the gradient of the straight line only!

Reaction score
this also easy as well! came as my mock exam question! here:

2 3 4
c d

difference between 3 & 16?? 13!

therefore u have to add 13 every time u move down!

2 3 4
15 16 17
28 29 30

therefore: c=28
d=30
bc-ad= (4x28)-(2x30)
= 112-60
=52

woooooow ur Ahh mazing...tnxs a billion...it was rele vry comprehensible....nd helpfl.. :)