• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Notes

Was this helpful?

• Yes.

Votes: 357 92.5%
  • No.

Votes: 29 7.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My point is that its better to use www.sharepapers.com it has much much better design, much more papers ( gce guide doesnt have wjec or ocr or aqa and everything is better on it
So through blatant self promotion, you want people to use a site that already compiles available resources within two websites, while completely disregarding those who previously put in effort in either compiling the original notes, or writing new ones?

Reaction score
Excuse me? GCSE guide and all other past paper and resource websites do plagiarise and infringe copy rights, the papers them selves are the respective boards property, so dont make your self sound like the good person here.
There is nothing to excuse here. I'm not the good person here, but neither are you.
Let me break down this argument.
  1. My previous comment does not involve GCE guide. It involves you. My comment does not involve past papers ebooks, it involves notes, and only notes.
  2. When I asked you "So through blatant self promotion, you want people to use a site that already compiles available resources within two websites, while completely disregarding those who previously put in effort in either compiling the original notes, or writing new ones?", your response was "yes". This by definition means that you admitted to refuse to credit the original authors and are dismissive of authors creating new notes.
  3. Your website has not credited the original authors of any of the notes you have posted on your website. For example:upload_2016-3-2_20-10-15.png The original author of these notes is Daniel Lim, however, you have not credited him, nor shared the original link through which he posted them. You directly downloaded the files through his blog.
  4. Sharing past papers is not copyright infringement (to the best of my knowledge, as CIE has not made any statements of the widespread public sharing).
  5. You are extremely dismissive of those who work hard to create original notes, instead choosing to display your arrogance by claiming your website is "better". You have no respect for those who are doing their best. This argument would not be happening if you were more humble. However, you chose to dismiss hard work by others, as seen here:upload_2016-3-2_20-18-57.png and here: upload_2016-3-2_20-19-28.png
  6. How can you claim your website has more content than ZNotes? There are three subdivisions in ZNotes that your website doesn't have.

I am not trying to offend you, but arrogance is a thing I cannot stand. If you had simply shared your link, instead of claiming it was "better", I wouldn't argue with you.

Reaction score
What you are balntanly ignoring is the fact you do not take the time to open the fiel and realize the name of the person who made the files is on the first page. So please stop lying

I'm not lying. Just because the guy's name is on the file, doesn't mean you shouldn't credit the original source. This is the original link: http://daniellimjj.blogspot.com/2014/06/full-notes-for-cambridge-international.html

Did you post the link? No. Did you take the permission of the author before posting it? No. So please stop defending yourself.

Reaction score
The author is getting all the credit his name is on the pages therefore I dont see any point in continuing this
Really? How so? Do they know who Daniel Lim is? Where he studies? What he did?
You could have done the courtesy of citing the original source, or as a passing acknowledgement. The point is that I want you to stop criticizing others and acknowledge the rightful authors, either in a public statement, or as a line in your website. I also want you to promote the site in the right way, not an arrogant one.

Reaction score
Why do the links take me to the website http://error404.000webhost.com/? ?
Hi, sorry website has changed servers since then. Those things are available on www.znotes.org

DarkEclipse Thank you for your support. I grew tired of arguing with this person. I tried explaining and all he could do was ignore the questions - I do hope the true authors receive the credit. We will continue to put as much effort as we can and continue updating our notes - a humble contribution to this amazing database.

Reaction score
Hi, sorry website has changed servers since then. Those things are available on www.znotes.org

DarkEclipse Thank you for your support. I grew tired of arguing with this person. I tried explaining and all he could do was ignore the questions - I do hope the true authors receive the credit. We will continue to put as much effort as we can and continue updating our notes - a humble contribution to this amazing database.

You're welcome.

By the way, you've done an amazing job with ZNotes. It's very impressive, and helped me a lot with the A-levels.

Reaction score
any of guys have the textbook pdf version of
Essential Biology for Cambridge IGCSE®-ISBN: 978-0-19-839920-9
Essential Chemistry for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-835518-2
Essential Physics for Cambridge IGCSE ISBN: 978-0-19-841770-5

Reaction score
I m appearing in October November session 2018 and the subjects are english 1123 may be computer 2210 and Pakistan studies 2059/01 and 2059/02
I m having trouble in geography and history can anyone guide me how to study Pakistan studies