• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Physics Paper 1 Variant 1

Reaction score
which one??

-Liquid expanding
-Its 84 because pressure of gas =atmospheric pressure + difference in height
My whole class said it was 68. i did 84 but apparently the pressure is decreasing so the right thing is the opposite to what u and me have done

Reaction score
The iron bars would be repelled.. there is always an opposition at the ends of the coil! I think so..
no they would attract, rmmbr they are just iron rods and not magnets. anyways dont worry yourself much think about the rest

Reaction score
The answer for the boat qn was to make the gap smaller.. this will prevent the waves from reaching the boat
no the answer is bigger, if u make the gap bigger then there will be less curving in the shape of the wave, thus not touches the boat

Reaction score
What about the energy question at the start?
When temp increases by 20 and falls by 10.

Reaction score
how is it constant resistor?? if its a constant resistor then the resistance would be constant, duh!! and by referring to the graph the voltage increased as the current increased, so it's a capacitor..
its a constant resistor buddy. it was even a past paper question and the mark scheme said it was a constant resistor

Reaction score
About the moment question, it rotates anti clockwise right? And about the wave thing I think I got it wrong, I made it smaller.

Reaction score
About the moment question, it rotates anti clockwise right? And about the wave thing I think I got it wrong, I made it smaller.
I wrote downwards but I think it's wrong.
It probably should've been "doesn't move"

Reaction score
I wrote downwards but I think it's wrong.
It probably should've been "doesn't move"
I chose "doesn't move" but the thing is that one was higher than the other thus greater moment, I didn't remember that during the exam :/

Reaction score
what was the right answer then? :/
I didn't choose clockwise/anticlockwise because there was a for of 100N in both directions so I though
t they would cancel each other out...

Reaction score
unfortunatley not moving is not the answer, we should have taken into account the length between the two forces. But maybe we are right, lets just wait and see.
what was the right answer then? :/
I didn't choose clockwise/anticlockwise because there was a for of 100N in both directions so I though
t they would cancel each other out...