• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Physics Paper 1 Variant 1

Reaction score
i did 12 to 0, it actually made great sense to me but everyone keeps telling me its 0 to 12. Sigh -.-

mow

Reaction score
for the moment question the answer was anti clockwise, because the force pointing anti clockwise was further away from pivot, meaning it has greater moment

Reaction score
-The wave question was to make the gap smaller... I'm 100% sure about it.. Everyone in my school did it SMALLER oh and by the way my school always gets the top marks in our country so we're not idiots.
-Decreases by 40J
-constant resistor
-i was wrong about the manometer question.. i didn't read it properly.. it should be 68
-Moment, it moves anti-clock wise (although i did it it doesn't move) because there two opposite forces applied, one is top left and one is bottom right so it turns anticlockwise because the force which is further away from the pivot has more moment since M=FxD they both have same force (100N) but different distances from pivot
- the two iron bar question, they would BOTH attract.. obviously.. Some people did it repel because they thought of "Lenz's law" but this is wrong because it said the two iron bars where stable (you didnt push them inside the coil) so lenz's law can't be applied here..
-Also you forgot to mention the question where it said which one physical blabla varies with temperature and can be used for a thermometer.. I did it volume of gas and volume of liquid because mass of liquid doesn't change with temperature. (Some people will say oh gases are invisible..) well some are!
- 0 to 12V as resistance increases, voltage increases because current is constant (V=IR) as it's in series..

mow

Reaction score
i re
-The wave question was to make the gap smaller... I'm 100% sure about it.. Everyone in my school did it SMALLER oh and by the way my school always gets the top marks in our country so we're not idiots.
-Decreases by 40J
-constant resistor
-i was wrong about the manometer question.. i didn't read it properly.. it should be 68
-Moment, it moves anti-clock wise (although i did it it doesn't move) because there two opposite forces applied, one is top left and one is bottom right so it turns anticlockwise because the force which is further away from the pivot has more moment since M=FxD they both have same force (100N) but different distances from pivot
- the two iron bar question, they would BOTH attract.. obviously.. Some people did it repel because they thought of "Lenz's law" but this is wrong because it said the two iron bars where stable (you didnt push them inside the coil) so lenz's law can't be applied here..
-Also you forgot to mention the question where it said which one physical blabla varies with temperature and can be used for a thermometer.. I did it volume of gas and volume of liquid because mass of liquid doesn't change with temperature. (Some people will say oh gases are invisible..) well some are!
- 0 to 12V as resistance increases, voltage increases because current is constant (V=IR) as it's in series..

i hope the question about the gap is that you make it smaller, i did it like that, but everyone keeps telling me its make it wider

mow

Reaction score
guys what about the question that said how do you define convection or sth like that, i answered it as "the liquid expands", each person in my class answered differently so im confused

Reaction score
guys what about the question that said how do you define convection or sth like that, i answered it as "the liquid expands", each person in my class answered differently so im confused
It was A.

Reaction score
Yes it's liquid expands.. which is A

Reaction score
-Decreases by 40J
-constant resistor
Just because your skool is the first doesnt mean that you guys are saints and you wont make mistakes -____-

Reaction score
i found many Q came 2day from 2002 2003 2004
what i found i did correct in the exam alhamdulilah:);):D(y):D:D(y)

Reaction score
Just because your skool is the first doesnt mean that you guys are saints and you wont make mistakes -____-
But when 99% of people in my school choose one answer then it's either we're idiots or the answer is actually right. :)
Chill.. It's okay we do make mistakes, if you don't wanna get depressed then close this website and go study something cuz no matter what you'll find a different answer than yours and u'll get depressed.
I like getting depressed that's why i started this thread :)

Reaction score
I wrote that too

Reaction score
But when 99% of people in my school choose one answer then it's either we're idiots or the answer is actually right. :)
Chill.. It's okay we do make mistakes, if you don't wanna get depressed then close this website and go study something cuz no matter what you'll find a different answer than yours and u'll get depressed.
which question r u talking about???????????

Reaction score
LOLOL i dont mind finding my mistakes,, plus i have only lost 3 marks so i still have hope for an A+