• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm an IGCSE Maths Teacher - Post your questions here.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can u plz solve Q7,c and d of oct/nov/10 v42 :)
7ci. f(x)=2: Draw the line y=2 on the grid and find the intersection between y=2 and f(x).
7cii. Find any value of k such that when you draw y=k on the grid, there are three intersection points with the curve f(x).

7d. Draw the line y=5x on your grid and find the intersection points between y=5x and f(x).

Reaction score
O/N -2006 -p4 --- 4 f(ii) ...do v hav 2 do by the ratio proportion method?
Do you mean the gradient question? This has nothing to do with ratio/proportion.

You need to draw a tangent to the curve at x=100 and then find the gradient of this tangent.

Reaction score
J3jhoXV.jpg

First find the length of x using Pythagoras with the lengths 46cm and 24cm.

Then use Pythagoras again to find the diagonal using the lengths x and 20cm.

Reaction score
7ci. f(x)=2: Draw the line y=2 on the grid and find the intersection between y=2 and f(x).
7cii. Find any value of k such that when you draw y=k on the grid, there are three intersection points with the curve f(x).

7d. Draw the line y=5x on your grid and find the intersection points between y=5x and f(x).
thnaks alot for the help but 1 small doubt for 7,d i made a line on y=5X but there is only one point intersecting with it can u explain a bit plz :)

Reaction score
J3jhoXV.jpg

First find the length of x using Pythagoras with the lengths 46cm and 24cm.

Then use Pythagoras again to find the diagonal using the lengths x and 20cm.

thank you sir i have another question too from the same paper: (q 1d)

Reaction score
thnaks alot for the help but 1 small doubt for 7,d i made a line on y=5X but there is only one point intersecting with it can u explain a bit plz :)
There should be 2 intersection points. I would need to see your graph to find your mistake.

Reaction score
so sorry but it is the second one
Frequency Density = Frequency / class width

So for 60<t<=80:

Frequency density = 14/20 = 0.7

But the height of this column is 2.8cm so they must be using a scale of 1 unit = 4cm.

Now use the formula again to find the frequency density for the other three intervals then use the scale to find the heights of the columns.

Reaction score
Frequency Density = Frequency / class width

So for 60<t<=80:

Frequency density = 14/20 = 0.7

But the height of this column is 2.8cm so they must be using a scale of 1 unit = 4cm.

Now use the formula again to find the frequency density for the other three intervals then use the scale to find the heights of the columns.

sir i have list of doubts waiting for you,when cn i ask u