• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Imperial College London Admission!

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm going to grade 11 next year and I was wondering what I have to do for extra curricular activities in order for me to get into Imperial College London.
I am planning to take the subjects Physics, Further Mathematics and Biology or Chemistry along with English. Oh and btw, I'm planning to do mechanical engineering or aeronautical engineering.

So can any one tell me what I should do for ec's and all? :D

Thanks.

Reaction score
The normal entry requirements for all engineering courses are at least three suitable subjects at A-level. You would need an A* in Maths, A in Physics and one other A grade subject. It is preferred that you take further Maths, Chemistry or Design as the third A-level. You also need a pass grade B at GCSE in English Language or equivalent.

You should indicate on your UCAS application (personal statement) why you wish to study mechanical engineering and what you have done to find out about the subject. Imperial are interested in recruiting students who get involved in activities such as sport, music and drama; and in students who are able to organise themselves and others, for instance in clubs or societies.

The best thing for you to do would be to join various clubs in school and stuff. Is there anything you particularly enjoy like sports or arts etc?
Universities in the UK are looking for well-rounded individuals who are capable of doing more than just studying.
Your personal statement is one of the most important things for the application process, make sure that it's amazing!
You'd need to provide examples in your PS of situations where you've showed leadership and teamwork, such as organising a fundraiser.

Hope that helped, any more questions just PM me. ^_^