• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Implicit/explicit!!!Help urgently..

Reaction score
Copied text!! :D

When something is explicit, it is basically out in the open. "I saw John go the restaurant and eat a sandwich." would be explicit, as the meaning is specifically given within the sentence.

Implicit is basically the opposite, and it leaves you to infer the meaning, though it may not necessarily be hidden. "I saw John go to the restaurant." would be more implicit, because the speaker doesn't say what John is doing, but a listener can infer that John is going to eat at the restaurant. In this case, the meaning isn't specifically given.

Reaction score
But some where I saw that it was mentioned to write answer implicitly and explicitly???? Thats y I want to be clear about it for tomorrows comprehension paper?????

Reaction score
It is mentioned that two types of questions will be asked, explicit and implicit. Its just that in some questions answer can be straightforward and in some we will have to infer its meaning. Its just like in the previous papers

Reaction score
In Explicit...we have to copy answer from the passage
In implicit...we have to do it in our words...
Rite??

Reaction score
It's simple : In Implicit, you need to use your brains and write in your own words. And if you copied the whole answer from the passage, then you will not get any words.

In Explicit, you can copy all you like and you don't need to use your brains. :D

Reaction score
Not exactly in own words. Its like that u cannot copy it directly because the answer is not obvious in the passage. What it tests is our common sense that have we understood what the writer is trying to say in that specific sentence.

Reaction score
btw guys, will the examiners deduct points if we exceed the answer space given on the paper ? :( My handwriting is quite big(not massive lol ):oops: