• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

In need of some help!

Reaction score
Asalamoalikum

just wanted to ask few things.i am at present in A2 and thinking of giving SAT papers..... which one is good 1 or 2 and in the coming months which one is best to give the SAT exams?

JazakAllah :) and thank you

Reaction score
Asalamoalikum

just wanted to ask few things.i am at present in A2 and thinking of giving SAT papers..... which one is good 1 or 2 and in the coming months which one is best to give the SAT exams?

JazakAllah :) and thank you
You should have made this decision much, much earlier. I don't think there are any seats left for the October and November sessions (unless you want to fly to Lahore or Dubai - there might be seats available in those areas) but nevertheless you can give it in December. People normally give it in Oct/Nov session because universities in the USA require it early on (especially if you apply for Early Decision). However, if you're giving the SAT purely for Pakistani universities then you can choose to give it in December, January and probably even May and June.

SAT I is required by pretty much every university in the USA and can replace the entry tests in certain universities in Pakistan like LUMS and IBA. If you want to apply to the USA, then giving it is required. As for SAT II, only specific universities require you to give it. Do some research and figure out which university you want to apply to and then check if it requires SAT II.

Keep in mind that to get a good score, you need to practice quite a lot for the tests. I think at least 2-3 months with around 1-2 hours a day would be good enough.

I hope this helped. :)

Reaction score
(unless you want to fly to Lahore or Dubai - there might be seats available in those areas)

thanks alot.... and if i can fly to lahore or dubai.. then how much chance?
does NUST require the SATII ? i cant figure this out? and thanks again

Reaction score
thanks alot.... and if i can fly to lahore or dubai.. then how much chance?
does NUST require the SATII ? i cant figure this out? and thanks again
For October you can only register late now, which means you'll need to pay an additional late-fee (probably $20 or so). For November, there's still a solid chance of getting a seat if you fly to Lahore/Dubai. You need to check the registration form and see if any seats are available. There's a list of locations to choose from.

I don't think NUST requires SAT II.

Reaction score
well NUST does not require SAT2

NUST has its own test. BUT it has reserve seats for SAT2 candidates (local or foreign), but you must get 2380 plus

Also, I dont think so LUMS accepts SAT as replacement for LCAT now (for local students). Better drop Lums an email or call them. Better safe than sorry

Reaction score
and if you are applying for NUST on SAT2, then last date is in april/may (that is a month before your alevel/a2 exams)