• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is b to A* possible? help needed.

Reaction score
Like the title suggests, just looking for the answer to the question. I've read online that if you can get 90% or above in A2 your b in AS will turn into an A* but asking people in real life (students, teachers etc) they say its not possible even with above 90% in A2 and the maximum you can make out of a B is an A.

So im really confused and would appreciate any sort of help and/or advice. Jbtw I got 3A*s and 5As in o levels and 1a and 2bs in AS. The a is in biology and the bs are in chemistry and physics. Want to know if I can turn the bs into A*s next year.

Reaction score
Like the title suggests, just looking for the answer to the question. I've read online that if you can get 90% or above in A2 your b in AS will turn into an A* but asking people in real life (students, teachers etc) they say its not possible even with above 90% in A2 and the maximum you can make out of a B is an A.

So im really confused and would appreciate any sort of help and/or advice. Jbtw I got 3A*s and 5As in o levels and 1a and 2bs in AS. The a is in biology and the bs are in chemistry and physics. Want to know if I can turn the bs into A*s next year.
It is 'possible', but very difficult to jump from B to A*. It also depends on your breakup. Like if you had good marks in P2 and P1 of chemistry and then in A2 you get GREAT marks in p3(which is 38% of whole A levels) then there is a chance of getting an A*. However you can fairly easily convert those Bs in As and as far as I know there is not much difference in A* and As

Reaction score

Recently, a boy in our school turned B into A* in physics. I have a B in physics only. I hope for the same.

Reaction score
Theoretically, it's possible to improve a D to an A*, but that would require almost full marks. Improving from B to A shouldn't be that difficult unless your B is really low (you can know this by component grades). For an A*, you'd need 20-30 marks more than the threshold for A in A2 to get an A*. The range depends on your components. Like if you have a couple of As in components and the threshold for P4+P5 is 80 then you'll need around 100 in these papers combined for an A*. If you two Cs in components then you'll need 110, which, obviously, is a little more difficult.

Reaction score
It is 'possible', but very difficult to jump from B to A*. It also depends on your breakup. Like if you had good marks in P2 and P1 of chemistry and then in A2 you get GREAT marks in p3(which is 38% of whole A levels) then there is a chance of getting an A*. However you can fairly easily convert those Bs in As and as far as I know there is not much difference in A* and As
Theoretically, it's possible to improve a D to an A*, but that would require almost full marks. Improving from B to A shouldn't be that difficult unless your B is really low (you can know this by component grades). For an A*, you'd need 20-30 marks more than the threshold for A in A2 to get an A*. The range depends on your components. Like if you have a couple of As in components and the threshold for P4+P5 is 80 then you'll need around 100 in these papers combined for an A*. If you two Cs in components then you'll need 110, which, obviously, is a little more difficult.
Dont have my break ups/component grades yet but THANKS ALOT both of you that really helped. There is nothing hard work can't achieve, just needed to know if it was practically possible. :) Thanks again