• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is doing 6 o level subjects okay? and will i get admitted to a levels without islamiyat?

Reaction score
Is doing 6 o level subjects okay? and will I get admitted to a level without Islamiyat?
also, Will 6 subjects put me at a great disadvantage when applying for ivy leagues?

Reaction score
Most A Level schools (or at least respectable ones) across Pakistan require 8 compulsory subjects (English Language, Mathematics, 3 choice subjects, Urdu (A/B), Pakistan Studies & Islamiyat). You could argue against Islamiyat if you are non-Muslim (alternative would be Religious Studies I guess).
Maybe talk to a few schools in your city and you might find some might be okay taking you on board as well but you shouldn't compromise on their repute, especially if you intend to apply abroad.

Secondly, ivy leagues are BRUTAL with their admission criteria and there is nothing certain with them. However, it's probably understandable that they receive applications from across the globe and not everything relies on grades either. It's all about building a portfolio for these schools and showcasing a good balance between academics, extracurriculars (to pursue your interests) etc.

Good Luck. :)

Reaction score
thankyou so much that really helped, I will ask a couple A level schools in my area if its okay to ditch islamiyat. Also 7* subjects not 6 sorry ahah thx again fire boy