• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IS ECONOMICS NEEDED FOR SCIENCE STUDENTS?

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sister.....i am an o level candidate of2014 .....i have already taken 9 subjects including all three science subjects plus environmental management.....also i am planning take economics....i have studied economics class8 but not in class 9.
So will it be wise to take economics now with only 9 months left? Is economics needed for a science student? also i won't take economics in a levels.

Reaction score
Hello brothers and sister.....i am an o level candidate of2014 .....i have already taken 9 subjects including all three science subjects plus environmental management.....also i am planning take economics....i have studied economics class8 but not in class 9.
So will it be wise to take economics now with only 9 months left? Is economics needed for a science student? also i won't take economics in a levels.
Don't !
You'll waste time although its easy !
9 subjects are fine !

Reaction score
its better not coz its full of theories and ull have to work on it very hardly!

Reaction score
always choose the optional subjects in which u r interested. only then u will be able to cope with it. if u really like environmental management n economics, u may go for it but do consider the increase in work load.

Reaction score
Will i get any benefits in future by taking economics ? I am a science student and luk to be an engineer in future. I think economics is easy but is it needed ? Or shud i drop EM and take economics ?

Reaction score
Will i get any benefits in future by taking economics ? I am a science student and luk to be an engineer in future. I think economics is easy but is it needed ? Or shud i drop EM and take economics ?

it is not important tha you can take only one career. u may keep economics as ur minor in uni which u can use in practical life in some way. There are some businessmen with scientific skills as well.

Reaction score
EM is much easier.
Forget about Eco if you REALLY want science in future.
Go for EM, much easy to score an A grade !

Reaction score
Screw easy, if you have a remote interest for Economics, go ahead and keep it. It's one of the most interesting subjects (and easy to get an A* too! I messed up a whole damn lot yet had an A*) if you have an aptitude for it.

Reaction score

In all honestly, I think you should keep both, EM and Econ.

It's not difficult to cope with them together. Been there, done that with a couple more.

Reaction score
In all honestly, I think you should keep both, EM and Econ.

It's not difficult to cope with them together. Been there, done that with a couple more.
Thanks very much. Now feeling confident that i can cope with both. If you have done it, i believe i can do it also. :)

Reaction score
Dude choosing economics is not about your career in future, its about yourself in future. Its just no a subject that will help get you a job, it something bigger than that. Economics is the study of human behavior; how people make decisions/allocate goods under conditions of scarcity, it is the backbone of how society runs. I just do not like the way people frame economics as being a hard and unwanted subject an I believe everyone has the right to study Economics and should do so.