• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it just me or you guys find organic chemistry difficult too?

Reaction score
Yeah, buddy, organic is cakewalk!
If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to assist you.

Reaction score
Guys, for esterification, for example ethyl ethanoate, it is clearly a reaction between ethanol, an alcohol, and ethanoic acid, a carboxylic acid. When deducing the name of the ester, what come first? Is it the name of the alcohol?

Reaction score
Y
Guys, for esterification, for example ethyl ethanoate, it is clearly a reaction between ethanol, an alcohol, and ethanoic acid, a carboxylic acid. When deducing the name of the ester, what come first? Is it the name of the alcohol?
Yeah, bro.
The name of the alcohol comes first. :D

Reaction score
Alkanes, alkenes, alcohols, carboxylic acids, fractional distillation of petrol, esterification, fermentation, addition and condensation polymerisation.
Those seem to be important topics in the organic chemistry branch, If i haven't missed anything.
Learn those well, and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Alkanes, alkenes, alcohols, carboxylic acids, fractional distillation of petrol, esterification, fermentation, addition and condensation polymerisation.
Those seem to be important topics in the organic chemistry branch, If i haven't missed anything.
Learn those well, and you should be fine.
Esterification, fermentation, addition and condensation polymerisation. are the only stuff I don't know in organic chemistry, I guess I am safe :D..
thanks anyways.

Reaction score
Organic chem is like my favorite chapter in chem !! If any help required inbox me

Reaction score
Guys can anyone someup and teme HOW MANY types of reactions are there? By that i mean the condition reactions in which we have to learn the catalyst used , working temp? i knw there are many but finding them all in a text is a pain..
Like conditions for the reaction to happen? like esterification? fermentation? na ll?

Reaction score
Guys can anyone someup and teme HOW MANY types of reactions are there? By that i mean the condition reactions in which we have to learn the catalyst used , working temp? i knw there are many but finding them all in a text is a pain..
Like conditions for the reaction to happen? like esterification? fermentation? na ll?
For esterification, the catalyst is concentrated sulphuric acid.
For fermentation, well, a suitable temperature is required ( around 25-ish).
I strongly suggest you learn:
-The haber's process.
-The contact process.
-The extraction of iron, zinc, copper, aluminium and know that element compounds below Carbon in the reactivity series can be displaced by Carbon, and element compounds more reactive than carbon are usually extracted by electrolysis.
-The reactivity series. <Trust me, this is really important. It is the basis of many sub parts of chemistry.
-The production of steel.
This is what I think is cardinal in the extraction department.
Hope this helps, man.
Cheers! :D

Reaction score
-The haber's process.
-The contact process.
-The extraction of iron, zinc, copper, aluminium and know that element compounds below Carbon in the reactivity series can be displaced by Carbon, and element compounds more reactive than carbon are usually extracted by electrolysis.
-The reactivity series. <Trust me, this is really important. It is the basis of many sub parts of chemistry.
Hope this helps, man.
Thanksss Broo! Good luck :D

Reaction score
th
-The haber's process.
-The contact process.
Hope this helps, man.
these things were there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish i saw ur post earlier