• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is o'level better or matric for medical????<<<<<

Reaction score
i want to be a very good doctor in pakistan and need to know than is matric better or olevel better for me to be a doctor i got 3 optio which are as follows:
1.do matric then fsc
2.do olevel then fsc
3.do o and a levels
i really need help in this as its a very hard disision to make (i will not go abroad for studies after alevel if i do it )
please tell me the best path even if its hard but i need to be a good doctor in my life......
i wait for ur reply....
thanku! :) :) :) :)

Reaction score
Ok, here's my suggestion. If you're planning to get into Gov Medical Unis, then definitely do O levels followed by Fsc. But if you think a private uni is a better option (which it actually is) You should do O levels & then A levels. Matric is totally out of question.

Reaction score
but u must know that after u go in O or A ur marks will be deducted if u go in local colleges due to equivalency and with O Levels u will be wasting time if u start O at 14 years of age ! becuz the people of ur age at that time when u are doin second part of O they will be in Inter so u will be at a disadvantage but O and A prepare u better for future !

Reaction score
i will not do a level^^^ as it is little not good for medical so i do alevel then f.sc 8) 8) :beer:

Reaction score
but u must know that after u go in O or A ur marks will be deducted if u go in local colleges due to equivalency and with O Levels u will be wasting time if u start O at 14 years of age ! becuz the people of ur age at that time when u are doin second part of O they will be in Inter so u will be at a disadvantage but O and A prepare u better for future !
What if we pass O'level at the age of 15?

Reaction score
Then i must say you are a rare case who doesnt apply to what i say but make sure if u go to private unis then u better do A levels after olevel because places like AKU dont normally take Fsc people !
I heard most of the people say that I'm a bit young especially for this stage, does this makes me a rare case? Just curious.
I heard AKU and other private Uni's cost a lot. .-.

Reaction score
I heard most of the people say that I'm a bit young especially for this stage, does this makes me a rare case? Just curious.
I heard AKU and other private Uni's cost a lot. .-.
Yes they do cost a lot thats for sure AKU is the most expensive uni for medical here . For Aku or others i dont know abt any age requirements its better if u contact aku and ask them by email and get the official word !

Reaction score
no it doesnot happen now!!!