• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is this book good for preparing for SAT1

Reaction score
SAT Reasoning Test (REA) - The Best Test Prep for the SAT (SAT PSAT ACT (College Admission) Prep) (Paperback) its a red cover book. Is it any good if someone has tried?

Other book reccomendations are also considered :)

I'm on a 8 week plan to preppare for my SAT 1

Reaction score
and make sure that there is NO difference in your name online and on your passport
No difference in date of birth

And make sure passport IS NOT EXPIRED

Reaction score
and make sure that there is NO difference in your name online and on your passport
No difference in date of birth

And make sure passport IS NOT EXPIRED
lol thanks :) im gona have a look at the ebooks. Im more concerned about the math section of the SAT test.

Reaction score
practise princeton review. Once you start to score near 780 in math then go for barrons

Reaction score
Can you send me a link of the princeton review, if you have that as that as the ebook?

Reaction score
which one of the pdf's would you reccommend for nailing the math section of the SAT test?

Reaction score
princeton review is not available as an ebook. You have to buy that from a shop

The ebooks posted above are both for english. The grammarfocus was bought and is pretty good
The second one "grammar" is also good. But it deals with rather more basic and rudimentary errors (it does not deal with in depth the structure of sentence etc)

Read both

Reaction score
princeton review is not available as an ebook. You have to buy that from a shop

The ebooks posted above are both for english. The grammarfocus was bought and is pretty good
The second one "grammar" is also good. But it deals with rather more basic and rudimentary errors (it does not deal with in depth the structure of sentence etc)

Read both
Alright okey but i was talking about the pdf link that i sent you above ^ from the paper section of xtremepapers

Reaction score
Go for the top two, and buy the Princeton Review as well

Also buy the word smart by Princeton Review both Word smart 1 and word smart 2. Word smart is A MUST. Word smart 2 is your choice

Reaction score
Go for the top two, and buy the Princeton Review as well

Also buy the word smart by Princeton Review both Word smart 1 and word smart 2. Word smart is A MUST. Word smart 2 is your choice

You talking bout this one http://www.amazon.com/Word-Smart-5t...54853924&sr=1-1&keywords=princeton+word+smart ? :) well isn't the Barrons SAT vocabulary flash card ,a better choice than word smart? it has got a lot more positive reviews than other similar products..

So far I've confirmed these three books : Barrons 26th edition,New College board Guide,and the Princeton review 2013 edition and bro Should I get a more challenging book to help me further improve in essays like this one [ http://www.amazon.com/How-Write-Killer-Essay-Award-Winning/dp/0578076659/ref=zg_bs_11682_29 ] ?? or will those three cover up this section as well ?

Reaction score
yes im talking about that one
barrons is usually quite hard. Unrealistically hard. I dont know exactly about the barrons flash card, but Im assuming they are hard too
princeton word smart is just about fine

Im quoting a senior about the advice he gave me about SAT essay (ive edited it a bit)
"""alright, first thing you need to think about is that in the SAT, people who fill in BOTH sides of the essay sheet fully, and I mean till the very last line, have a significantly higher chance of scoring a 9+ than those who don't. I doubt this particular essay is sufficiently long. lengthen it, I'm sure you have more argumentation/ examples to add. learn to fill in both sheets within the 20 odd minutes you get for the essay.

I like how you've given both sides of the story (agreeing and disagreeing with the topic) and then chosen to give your conclusion in the end. This pattern is critical; stick to it. It's always smart to give both sides of the story in the essay. But right now, your paragraphs are a blotch of arguments and essays arranged in an amorphous way. I'd like for you to state the argument, flesh it out with plenty of analysis and then explicitly quote examples. Also, the examples you quote are general. Although they will do fine, it'll help your cause even more to add some degree of specificity to them (a company that was involved in price fixing, maybe? Saying that companies fix prices without giving examples is a bit vague)
Also, if you've given one example from everyday happenings, it'd help to give one from literature, one from history, etc. (two literature examples or two history examples won't be as beneficial)"""

Personal examples are the least preferred. History and literature are the best. 4-5 paragraphs
1 intro
2 and possibly 3 agreeing with statement
3 and/or 4 disagreeing with statement
5 is conclusion. Conclusion can be like I agree to the topic to this extent but i dont agree with this

For example a conclusion can be ......"I agree with people enjoying personal freedoms BUT i disapprove that freedom should be given to such an extent that it interferes with other people's freedom..... "

Understood? I wont honestly recommend any books for essay. Practise 3-5 essays, show it to seniors. Focus on Maths and Reading and other things mainly

Reaction score
yes im talking about that one
barrons is usually quite hard. Unrealistically hard. I dont know exactly about the barrons flash card, but Im assuming they are hard too
princeton word smart is just about fine

Im quoting a senior about the advice he gave me about SAT essay (ive edited it a bit)
"""alright, first thing you need to think about is that in the SAT, people who fill in BOTH sides of the essay sheet fully, and I mean till the very last line, have a significantly higher chance of scoring a 9+ than those who don't. I doubt this particular essay is sufficiently long. lengthen it, I'm sure you have more argumentation/ examples to add. learn to fill in both sheets within the 20 odd minutes you get for the essay.

I like how you've given both sides of the story (agreeing and disagreeing with the topic) and then chosen to give your conclusion in the end. This pattern is critical; stick to it. It's always smart to give both sides of the story in the essay. But right now, your paragraphs are a blotch of arguments and essays arranged in an amorphous way. I'd like for you to state the argument, flesh it out with plenty of analysis and then explicitly quote examples. Also, the examples you quote are general. Although they will do fine, it'll help your cause even more to add some degree of specificity to them (a company that was involved in price fixing, maybe? Saying that companies fix prices without giving examples is a bit vague)
Also, if you've given one example from everyday happenings, it'd help to give one from literature, one from history, etc. (two literature examples or two history examples won't be as beneficial)"""

Personal examples are the least preferred. History and literature are the best. 4-5 paragraphs
1 intro
2 and possibly 3 agreeing with statement
3 and/or 4 disagreeing with statement
5 is conclusion. Conclusion can be like I agree to the topic to this extent but i dont agree with this

For example a conclusion can be ......"I agree with people enjoying personal freedoms BUT i disapprove that freedom should be given to such an extent that it interferes with other people's freedom..... "

Understood? I wont honestly recommend any books for essay. Practise 3-5 essays, show it to seniors. Focus on Maths and Reading and other things mainly

Yep Understood :) and thanks for all your help,really appreciate it..and I dint even began preparing so haven't got the hang of how hard things are going to be LOL pray for me bro :) May Allah blessings be all over us always... and I'll get those books you recommended asap...btw you gave the SAT? if you did what was your total? Cheers :)

Reaction score
Yep Understood :) and thanks for all your help,really appreciate it..and I dint even began preparing so haven't got the hang of how hard things are going to be LOL pray for me bro :) May Allah blessings be all over us always... and I'll get those books you recommended asap...btw you gave the SAT? if you did what was your total? Cheers :)
Alright okey but i was talking about the pdf link that i sent you above ^ from the paper section of xtremepapers

i gave it in A1 May, had one month prep. Didnt go too well. So didnt repeat as I am doing medicine in pakistan and u cant do medical in US cheaply (its 8 years long there as well). Also, I had the chose the wrong centre. The tables there continued to collapse and I had to be careful all the time not to put my both hands on the table so it didnt collapse

If you are in Lahore, chose LUMS or Choueifat. DONT chose the marriage halls!!

I have a friend who had 6A in Olevel, he got full 2400 in sat1

So its possible to score high scores. Its just that you have to master the art of it. And he wasnt a wonder kid. Just a normal person

Reaction score
i gave it in A1 May, had one month prep. Didnt go too well. So didnt repeat as I am doing medicine in pakistan and u cant do medical in US cheaply (its 8 years long there as well). Also, I had the chose the wrong centre. The tables there continued to collapse and I had to be careful all the time not to put my both hands on the table so it didnt collapse

If you are in Lahore, chose LUMS or Choueifat. DONT chose the marriage halls!!

I have a friend who had 6A in Olevel, he got full 2400 in sat1

So its possible to score high scores. Its just that you have to master the art of it. And he wasnt a wonder kid. Just a normal person
Wow thats quite cool, it takes alot of dedication and determination to study everyday and not go off track which we all do at times, Btw i was just wondering what percentage does F come under, in olevels? And when applying for universities, do you have to have 6 olevel subject grades? If its less than 6 what happens?