• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is this method allowed in O levels?

Reaction score
My chemistry teacher said that the ratio proportion method is not so advisory to use in the O level examination because it is not allowed,:mad: rather we should use the unitary method IN stoichiometry questions. Is that true? because another chemistry teacher of mine told me that it was allowed. :eek:

Reaction score
My chemistry teacher said that the ratio proportion method is not so advisory to use in the O level examination because it is not allowed,:mad: rather we should use the unitary method IN stoichiometry questions. Is that true? because another chemistry teacher of mine told me that it was allowed. :eek:
Let me tell you one thing: using any method to solve any problem in any examination is fine, as long as the method is correct. Having said that, you can use the ratio proportion method because it is a valid method and gives the right answer. LOTS of teacher use the ratio proportion method and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I recommend it because it makes calculations easier sometimes.

Just because a teacher says something doesn't mean it's right.

Reaction score
Let me tell you one thing: using any method to solve any problem in any examination is fine, as long as the method is correct. Having said that, you can use the ratio proportion method because it is a valid method and gives the right answer. LOTS of teacher use the ratio proportion method and there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I recommend it because it makes calculations easier sometimes.

Just because a teacher says something doesn't mean it's right.[/quote
so that means i CAN use it. I just wanted the verification of my teacher's statement. SO the Examiners:cautious: do not have any problem with this method right?