• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is this true?

Reaction score
i was looking at some igcse's grade thresholds, they all had very low boundaries 4 an A. For example in igcse pak st. In p1 2008, a 53/75 was an A. Does this apply to olevel? If it does, doesnt it mean scoring A's is easy?

Reaction score
IGCSE is not o levels its different totally different so O LEVELS has own thresholds while IGSCE has its own...

Reaction score
dude, i was looking at a grades threshold for pak st olevel june 2006. I gt it frm my school. U needed a 55/75 to score an A. And plus pak st is same for igcse and olevel. Theyv got to be nearby.

Reaction score
yar grade threshold differ from season to season like thresholds of pak.std in winter 10 will differ from those in summer 2011 it all depends on CIE and just like i use to say ur grade is not fully dependable on what u wrote in exam.

Reaction score
so the fact that many people screwed up in islamiat leaves them with a partial chance to score an A*? Just asking generally.

Reaction score
Yeah... apparently..
But i really dont think people screwed it up... i just think that people aren't confident in the answers they gave, that's all...

Reaction score
yaar but I heard the percentile system has been abolished and now absolute marking will be done.Will that not be more strict?

Reaction score
hashim2 said:
yaar but I heard the percentile system has been abolished and now absolute marking will be done.Will that not be more strict?

kindly give a EXACT reference where CIE says its abolished...i dont think though they have introduced uniform marks to tell students wehre they stand on a grade but percentile cant be abolished

Reaction score
intelnehalem said:
Percentile system still stands ;) don't worry !
that is sch a relief to hear. i just hope Eng ki percentile 75% par banay :fool:
btw i also heard some rumors about A grade to be on 85% by cambridge

Reaction score
no an A* might be at 85, but never an A. According to the percentile.
The only subject which has that high a percentile is second language urdu for an A grade. 35 % people scored A's according to CIE. Thats a TON. Generally, percentile 4 pak st. Or math waghera is low.

Reaction score
whatever the pecentile, scoring a certain grade would be as tough as it remains every year. As they make it clear that they never let their standards fall.

Reaction score
izzahzainab said:
whatever the pecentile, scoring a certain grade would be as tough as it remains every year. As they make it clear that they never let their standards fall.
But the fact that 2542/18000 something candidates in Lahore got straight A's in May/June 2010 means that CIE's standards are falling :p.
They are nothing but a money making business now.
Non-profit organization bus naam kay... pfft.

Reaction score
Haha yeah. But Izzah, I really hope the grade threshold is low for English. If it isn't, speaking for me, my A* is screwed.