• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is Your Head Invigilator asking....

Reaction score
Hey My head invigilator is askin all the candidates to write the model no. and company name of the calculators they are using....is it being asked to you????.....i am usin Casio FX 991ES plus is it alowed???

Reaction score
Yes they ask it every time you have a calculator based paper, to write the calculator model and company on your top sheet. So just follow instructions and don't worry ;)

Well it's not on the allowed calculators list, but from the looks of it, from the casio's website, it doesn't seem to have graphing capabilities or a programmable memory. Thus, it should be allowed!

Reaction score
They always ask this, though not sure about 991ES though, however as it doesnt have graphing capabilities it should be allowed

Reaction score
i appeared last june wid 991Es plus calculator....there wasnt any problem wid it :S
but from 2007, wen i sat my first exam of o lvl, they make us write our calculator's make n model no. on both question ppr n ans sheet...n there aint any probz wid dat dude.. :D

Reaction score
dnt worry abt that.. the invigilators dnt even know whch r allowed n whch aint until it looks lyk a normal calculator =)

Reaction score
hey, if they even ask u to do so, just fool them around. Write a model no. of anu old sries calculator lyk MS or 82ES

Reaction score
they always ask for you to right the calculatop details in my center!!!!!!
anyway i would go wid the last guys comment but better then that why dont u juz buy a new regular calculator, it'll solve all ur problems and will have everythin u need!!
:D

Reaction score
Using a more advance calculator will give you the edge over others as it might solve complex equations but the examiners are also very smart. Remember that it's hard to fool them as they give you marks on working+method+final answer. If they see that you are missing steps and getting straight to a specific answer they might find it fishy. Trust me they know that not all the students put the right model number of their calculators.

So why try to cheat? Take a regular scientific calculator as it's more than sufficient and practice your syllabus thoroughly. Then you won't need to cheat at all, thus no tension of getting caught ;)

Reaction score
yup they ask all the tym n check frequently....buh its not obvious to write wat u have..write wat ever u want any lame old model.!!!1

Reaction score
yep i only write fx 991 not the series :D...MS is normal and ES is advanced i want that the examiner remains confused .....:D..Just kidding i think examiner will not be having enough time to read model/make of our calcs. he had lot of other wrk 2 do....Invigilators are doing tym pass....

Reaction score
Syed.Mazahir.Rizvi said:
yup they ask all the tym n check frequently....buh its not obvious to write wat u have..write wat ever u want any lame old model.!!!1

and i wld like to see the look on the face of the person caught doing dis... :p