• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat/2058 - Past Paper of May/June 2012 now available.

Reaction score
So people, I saw many of us here complaining about not finding the most recent past paper, I've finally got my hands on it, and if any of you need it let me know so I'd post it here. :)

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Mark Scheme/Examiner Report isn't out for this paper yet.
What we could do is discuss the questions we are double-minded about among us, right here. What say? :)

Reaction score
Alright, here goes.
Could you give me your points for the 2nd question, Paper 1, both (a) and (b) parts? :)

Reaction score
ummm...ok...part (a) is about Allah's relation with the created world, this includes;
surah fateha
surah baqarah (2: 21-22)
surah alaq
surah zilzaal
and surah nas, we have to explain the theme of these surahs, similar to q1 part (a)...
part (b) of this question is about the importance of quran in islam as it contains a proper code of life, the laws and everthing in it which instructs us how to live...and do mention its reliability that its not been altered and is same as it was when revealed...

Reaction score
Well, to my understanding, we could include :
-Allah's relationship to humans as a Master and us as His servants.
-Us being totally questionable to Him and obeying His orders alone without any reluctance.
-All bounties that we've been granted with are given to us by Allah and He has the right and power to take them away.
-Also Allah's helpful and merciful nature towards his creation, this we can extract through Surah Baqarah whereby many of his blessings have been mentioned like those of rain, fruits etc.
-It can also be mentioned that Allah is quite just with his creation, and on the Day of Judgement He will bring us to account for all the sins or good deeds that we've done.
-Lastly, in troubles and in problems we seek His help alone, as mentioned in Surah Nas hat we seek refuge in Him from Satan.

^^What do you think?

Reaction score
Honestly I'm quite confused about this one too. But I have a few points, not quite sure if they're right though. And hey, we need to mention the teachings from both the battles or one of them?

Battle of Trench :
-We learnt the importance of taking advice and making decisions as a whole, as the Persian companion of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) suggested the digging of a trench like it was done in Persia and through this it was decided that a trench would be dug, which was quite successful.

Battle of Khaybar :
-We learnt that Allah helps those who fight in His cause, as we saw in this battle that the Muslims were a small army of 1600 while there were about 20,000 Jews. But still the Muslims achieved a victory.
-We also learn those who fight against Islam or oppose Islam, no matter how strong or well-planned, shall be destroyed.

Reaction score
Perfect :) ....yes we have to mention from both battles...and yes the digging of trench on the suggestion of Hazrat Salman is also an example of Ijma so a thing or two about Application of Ijma can also be added...

Reaction score
Yes, I was about to add this but then I realized Ijma comes after Hadith in the sources, and at that time Prophet (pbuh) was still alive and so I wasn't sure if it would count. :/