• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat,PAKSTUDIES &URDU HELP FROM THOSE WHO GAVE IT

Reaction score
I want to ask from those people who have already given Islamiat,PAKSTUDIES &URDU CIE exams about any topics they found difficult and were fretting over it even at the eleventh hour.I would also appreciate any tips that you people might want to give???? :?:
:D

Reaction score
In Islamiat , The first Islamic Community bar bar was going away from mind but it did not came :p

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
In Islamiat , The first Islamic Community bar bar was going away from mind but it did not came :p

Is this the reign of the caliphs SAUD ..????? :?:

or its the holy prophet (P.B.U.H) reign

Reaction score
All those Biographies Of Ten Blessed Companions ,Scribes ,Mother Of Faithful etc.

Reaction score
yes.............that FIRST ISLAMIC COMMUNITY and for some students the question 1 (surahs - paper 1)

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for telling me. ;)

ALso i want to ask you guys what books did you use for these subjects to get your grades. :?:

One more thing I want to ask is that is it okay in history to leave out the section after the problems faced by the new nation ie. the ministries and the relations with other nations..Did you also do like this?And which chapter in geography was the hardest to learn about?? :?:

Reaction score
In History as the syllabus has been changed we cant say anything.many of us just went through the section 3 in last.At this time it is not wise to leave ministries.but dont spent much time on it
In Geography TOPOGraPHY isthe only Chap which is disturbing.as it didnot come in last 12 papers,you can take the risk to leave it.But Not The MAPS

Reaction score
The syllabus didnt change but only the first part (a) question has changed right?

And there will be questions from all section like in the previous past papers?

AM I CORRECT???????????????????????? :?: :)

Reaction score
But in my opinion!!!1EVerythin' izz important not wise to leave anythin!!!

Reaction score
well its not wise but still many people leave section 3, as its not easy and they just prepare section 1 n 2.........but they have to prepare it very well.....

Reaction score
Hey guys which of the topic in pak studies is difficult ?Is it HISTORY OR IS IT GEOGRAPHY?

And please what books are you all using for your preparation to get an A* in Pak studies,Urdu and Islamiat????? ;)

Reaction score
AOA!
I gave my Pak Studies and Isl exam in May 2010. In history, the last question( ques. 5) normally used to come from relations section but since now the syllabus also includes the reigns of benazir bhutto, nawaz sharif and musharraf's coup, you should not take the risk of leaving the relations section. Besides, they are very easy. I call them the easiest questions for part(c) because if you remember the events which occured you can get full marks provided you give your personal judgement in the end(which gives you the final fourteenth mark).
Moreover, i noticed that in geography a question will not be from any particular tpic. A question is usually formed by including 2 to 3 topics, e.g. the first question may ask about topography, climate and forests altogether.
Familiarise yourselve with the paper pattern. do past papers especially for geog. and WORK HARD!
That is the best advice I can give you.
As for the books, use the one by Huma Naz Sethi for geog, Farkhada Noor for Islamiat and Nigel Kelly for history(you may consult Niel Smith for the relations section of history, it gives good info on that). Do go for irrelevant details in any subject.

Reaction score
WOA
Dude since you replied thanks but could u also tell me that in ministries what should i learn is it reforms or any other thing...

And did you leave any thing in your prep for Pak studies,isl :?: ;)

Reaction score
No, i did not leave anything but ofcourse there were certain chapters i knew better than others. Give everything a try because you do have time (considering your papers are in May). Well in ministries, yes the reforms are important as is everything else. You should also know how you are to structure your answers to parts (a), (b) and (c) respectively .
Goodluck! :)

Reaction score
SRY i keep asking you ques but cud you tell me wat topics are Very important considering the new syllabus and those topics that you did not remember them as well and risked that you may lose mrks on them if that ques comes.?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GREATLY APPRECIATE IT :D :D :D

Reaction score
AOA!
For islamiat, Surahs, Ahadis, History and importance of the Quran, History and Importance of Ahadis are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT and you can never ever risk to leave them. You should also prepare biography of the Holy Prophet (SAW). All the other chapters are also important. sometimes one tends to forget details from the first islamic community so the above mentioned chapters must be well-prepared to avoid loss of marks. Do go through the mark keys after preparing from book to see how you can gain marks(but DONT write answers in points except for goegraphy!). I personally left the topic of Imams in Islamiat because it was unlikely to come! other than that, prepare everything
I will stress on this again: all topics are important for pak.studies. At the end the question you leave by choice in the exam will depend on your preparation. since topics are interlinked in geog. better read through all chapters!

No problem!!! :)

P.S. you might want to read my intro in chat section to clear a certain misunderstanding :p

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
For all Pak St. and Islamiyat students who are appearing in this session i.e May/June 2011!
You guys have plenty of time to revise each and every single thing! Do not leave anything (the 'Leave Last Section' policy is only for those students who use to start their preparation in the last month) So do not make this foolish mistake!
And also don't rely on the guesses and 'type of questions' that could come; the structure and assessment objectives of Cambridge University remain the same. Read the additional material with the same understanding, similar technique. And qsts wil be evaluative in nature anyways. So, focus on your concept and exam technique. Such that you can answer anything on the paper rather than guessing what will come.
I hope after this post there won't be any doubts!
Thanks

Reaction score
Okay so there are no misconceptions left now thanks for the help . :D

Now could you tell me were you did the surahs and hadis from for the Islamiat paper 1 & 2 ???????????? :?: