• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IslamiaT Querry???

Reaction score
How are the Qur’an and Hadiths used together in Islamic legal thinking?

Any OnE eXPlain thix Question.....

Reaction score
well........i think i dont remember now ............ but it was a difficult question for me to prepare too....... well i did from farkhanda noor's book

Reaction score
i know it but not perfectly coz i am also preparing...:D
1.Quran is a divine revelation from Allah on HOly Prophet(SAW).
2.Quran is used as the first source of islamic law and its commandments are followed without any question.
3.Hadiths are the words spoken by Holy Prophet(SAW),deeds of Holy PRophet(SAW),and the tacit approval of some events of which he had knowlege.
4.Hadiths are followed when no guidance from Holy Quran are provided or the Quran is silent on a particular issue
(Now my frnd after explaining what quran and hadith are u can talk about how they teach u in islamic law or are used in legal thinking)
5.For theft its told in the Holy Quran:"(As for) a theif,male or female,cut off their hands as a penalty for what they have earned and an exemplary punishment from Allah.Allah is Mighty,Wise."
(As Quran is silent on the matter that if the theif steals again what should we do)(understanding 4 u)
6.On this matter Hadith guides Us like this:"If he steals cutt off his hands,if he steal again cut off his foot,if he steals again cut off his hand and if he steals again cut off his foot".(Sharh-us-Sunna)

i am not giving u more examples.........i think now u have understood what they are asking......if it hlps say thanx....:D

Reaction score
I THINK YES WE CAN GIVE EXAMPLES TO PROVE THE ANSWER AND ALSO PROVE THE POINT THAT QURAN PROVIDES THE BASIC LAWS AND THE PROPHET'S (P.B.U.H.) HADITH PROVIDE ITS EXPLANATION AND YES THEY ALSO PROVIDE GUIDANCE WHEN THE QURAN IS SILENT ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE.THE EG. OF ZAKAT AND THE PRAYERS CAN ALSO BE GIVEN AND MANY MORE EXAMPLES. :D

Reaction score
Write about the secondary position of Hadith. Primary position is when Hadith tell something when Quran is silent. Secondary position when Hadith explain something about which Quran is brief.
Give examples of Hadith secondary position as:
Quran saidAbout the pre-dawn meal in fasting (sehri): Eat and drink until the white thread stand out clear from the black thread in the morning, then continue fasting till the night"

The term White thread and black thread were not clear and were explained by the prophet that black thread is the darkness of the night and the white thread is the whitness of the dawn.

Other examples can be about the salah: Quran says about establishing salah while it's the Hadith which tell us how to perform it and how many rakat's are their in each prayer.

Reaction score
You can also write about The Zakat! Quran tells us to pay zakat but there is no explaination in it about how much zakat should be paid! Hadith tells us that 2.5% of total earning should be paid on Zakat !!

Reaction score
And Zakat on other things was also told by the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) .RIght?????