• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat Question?????

Reaction score
Describe main methods employed by the compilers of books of hadith to ensure the Hadith they collected were authentic??(10)

can someone post a CORRECT answer to this question or atleast give main points to be included??? :roll: :geek:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
1. they examined the isnad closely+ Explain it
2. They would look for a hadith that had been reported by many different companions
3. They laid a criterion that the transmitter must be truthful, firm of faith, have good memory etc + sum other details
4. They compared the matn with other sources like Quran or PErsonal Opinion.
5. They'd check that the hadith must not be contrary to the teachings of Quran
6. the hadith must not be contrary to a hadith already accepted as authentic
7. The hadith must not go against common sense.
8. It shud not praise a particular person
9. It shud not praise a particular community
10. Must not give precise details of the events occurred after Prophet's demise!!
etc etc

U can use ur book for further points!!

Reaction score
describe the methods of Rawayat and Durayat (maybe dude i don't study this subject but i know a little bit!)

Reaction score
The answer by Nibz is correct. I would suggest you to prepare from the book by Farkhanda Noor. Well it was the only book I had prepared from (+Marking scheme for Quranic verses) and was able to get an A* (in May 2010, this question came in our exam)