• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ISLAMIAT QUESTIONS PRACTICE!!

Reaction score
Hey these are all the questions that can easily come so lets discuss this !! if your having any problem with any questions just ask !! :)

Q1)
a)Outline the main teachings of the Hadiths you studied about the responsibilities of individual Muslims. [10]
b)Explain the importance of Isnad and the matn in deciding that a Hadith is authentic. [4]

Q2
a)Give an account of the Muslim belief in angels and God's predestination and decree. [10]
b)Explain the importance to the community if Muslims of Congregational prayers on Friday and pilgrimage. [4]

Q3
a)Outline the main teachings of the hadiths you have studied about the importance of Muslim Communal Life. [10]

Q4
a)Trace the expansion of Islamic Empire under the rule of 'Umar. [10]
b)What does the way he died tell us about his character? [4]

Q5
a)Write about Muslims Belief in Prophets. [10]
b)Explain how this belief influences the daily living of a Muslim. [4]

Q6
a)Describe the main rule of Abu Bakr. [10]
b)why is he called the Saviour of Islam? [4]

Q7
a)Describe the main events of the annual pilgrimage(hajj). [10]
b)Explain the significance of the Prophet Abraham in the observances of the pilgrimage. [4]

Q8
a)What major events took place during the Caliphate of 'Uthman? [10]
b)Explain why 'Uthman encountered difficulties in the late years of his Caliphate and was assassinated. [4]

Q9
a)What are the conditions of prayer (salat) that must be fulfilled before performing them. [10]
b)Explain the importance of mosques in Muslim communities. [4]

Q10
a)How have the Hadiths of the Prophet been used as a source of guidance by Muslims? [10]
b)"Truly, My mercy overcomes My wrath". This is Hadith Qudsi. What is special about Hadiths of this kind? [4]

Q11
a)What are the daily observances of the Ramadan fast? [10]
b)Explain why the Ramadan fast is important to Muslims? [4]

Q12
a)Write a descriptive account of the Muslims beleif in revealed books. [10]
b)Discuss the importance of Jibra'il in comparison to other angels. [4]

Q13
a)Write an account of how the Hadith's were compiled to the books form we see today? [10]

Q14
a)Outline the activities of major Complier of Six Sunni books or four Shi'a books. [10]

Q15
a)Give an account of the main features of the six collections of Sunni Hadiths. [10]

Q16
a)Give an account of major themes of Hadith as these are contained both in the passages set for special study and in other similar passages. [10]

Q17
a)Give an account of Significance of Hadith in thought and actions in Islam. [10]

Q18
a)Outine islamic teachings about any two types of jihad? [10]

Q19
a) From the hadith you have studied, explain the importance of Jihad to the community.[10]

Q20
a) Write about the Muslim Belief in One God. [10]

Q21
a) How is the payment of Zakat carried out.

Q22
a)Write a detailed account about the elections of Abu Bakr, Uthman and Ali. [10]

Q23
a)What are the major Muslims beliefs about [10]
(i)Resurrection and the last day
(ii)Allah's decree and pre-destination.

Add more questions if you like !! :) 8) (MORE QUESTIONS ADDED)

Reaction score
Hey,what do we write in this one?
Q14
a)Outline the activities of major Complier of Six Sunni books or four Shi'a books. [10]
:unknown:

Reaction score
Angel of Darkness said:
kindly someone post the answer to the question number 14 and question number 15....thanks
Ok lets see 14
In this question write about the Activities of six compliers !! how did Imam Bukhari complied his book ? how much he traveled and how many hadith he collected and what methods did he used to check the authenticity ? Same is the case with other compliers such as Imam Muslims etc.

Ok lets see 15
In this you have to write about the features of BOOKS !! this means that how many hadiths are present in the book, what methods did the complier of these books used to check the authenticity and furthermore are these books Musnaf or Musanad collection !!

hope this helps !!

P.S I made these question myself from the syllabus !!

Reaction score
Q. Give two specific examples of the Quran being used with the Hadith, to work out Islamic Law. [10]
Q. Write an account of the administrative steps taken by Umar, during his reign as Caliph. [10]
Q. Write an account of the Caliph Umar's relationship with the non-Muslims of his empire. [10]
Q, Give two/three/four examples from the time of the Rightly Guided Caliphs 632-661 to show that they conducted relations with other states. [10]

Reaction score
thanks salman it will be difficult to memorize all this since 6 books are there i didnt did that even when i started my isl preperation thought it would not come okay now me on it and thanks

Reaction score
is there a question that says HOW QURAN AND SUNNAH USED AS SOURCES OF LEGAL THINKING???if there is a possible one then kindly someone state some hadith which guide about legal thinking

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
is there a question that says HOW QURAN AND SUNNAH USED AS SOURCES OF LEGAL THINKING???if there is a possible one then kindly someone state some hadith which guide about legal thinking
this question comes in paper 1

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:

Of course this can come in this paper as well..
The thing which you will do, is briefly describe the two sources, and link them through 1 preferably 2 examples.
For example, You can start off with a good introduction on the position of the Quran in Legal thinking, establishing that its laws and regulations are never questioned, nor contradicted. Then, talk of the holes left for human intellect, owing to the capacity of the Quran. These holes filled by the Holy Prophet's hadith.

Hadith which guide about legal thinking:
1. Quran says: "And they say trade is like usury, but we have permitted trade, and forbidden usury." [2]. The Prophet said: "If it is from hand to hand, there is no harm in it. Otherwise, it is forbidden." Meaning that equal amounts of trade items are allowed.
2. Quran says much about prayer and zakat. The prophet said: "pray as you see me praying", and "No charity tax (Zakat) is due on property mounting to less than five uqayya, no charity tax is due on fewer than 5 camels, and no charity tax is due on lesser than five wasq." 'wasq' and 'uqayya' are measures of weight.

Reaction score
Alchemist4lyf said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:

Of course this can come in this paper as well..
The thing which you will do, is briefly describe the two sources, and link them through 1 preferably 2 examples.
For example, You can start off with a good introduction on the position of the Quran in Legal thinking, establishing that its laws and regulations are never questioned, nor contradicted. Then, talk of the holes left for human intellect, owing to the capacity of the Quran. These holes filled by the Holy Prophet's hadith.

Hadith which guide about legal thinking:
1. Quran says: "And they say trade is like usury, but we have permitted trade, and forbidden usury." [2]. The Prophet said: "If it is from hand to hand, there is no harm in it. Otherwise, it is forbidden." Meaning that equal amounts of trade items are allowed.
2. Quran says much about prayer and zakat. The prophet said: "pray as you see me praying", and "No charity tax (Zakat) is due on property mounting to less than five uqayya, no charity tax is due on fewer than 5 camels, and no charity tax is due on lesser than five wasq." 'wasq' and 'uqayya' are measures of weight.
you can also provide some quranic verses like how important is the order of Prophet to be followed! as Quran says:"Verily you have in Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern of conduct" and also "Those who disobey Allah and His messenger will incur in the fire of Hell"

Reaction score
Yeah u can, for the purpose of leaving an impression. Hope i helped :D
Anyways,
I myself need you guyz to tell me any examples of the relationship of Ijma and Qiyas with Hadis, giving examples.
I mean, i can find the examples of the relationship with Sunnah, but hadith i cant find. So if you guyz got any, do share em.

Reaction score
:) yaar question about the expansion during Hazrat Umar(R.A)...please answer this or give me the marking scheme :) :Bravo:

Reaction score
what do we have to write in question numbers 1a, 3a, 10a, 13a, 16a and 17a.......plz help!!!

Reaction score
awaisbuttrocksCIE said:
:) yaar question about the expansion during Hazrat Umar(R.A)...please answer this or give me the marking scheme :) :Bravo:
Download the Marking Scheme for June 2009 !! this is Question no. 3 !! :)

Reaction score
lovemylife said:
what do we have to write in question numbers 1a, 3a, 10a, 13a, 16a and 17a.......plz help!!!
ok lets see
Q1a) Read this question twice !! it is very easy !! we are asked to list down all the Hadith of the Prophet(s) regarding Muslims are responsible to lead their life. For example take this hadith "God will not show mercy to a man who does not show mercy to his creations". Write this hadtih and explain it and link it with the question that what are its basic teachings !! Write upto 5 hadith !! they should be ample. :)

lets see Q3a
Same as above! Write this hadith for e.g: "None of you believes until he wants for his brother what he wants for himself". Explain the main teachings of this hadith and how will it affect the Islamic Community. write about 5 hadith for maximum marks and explain them !! :)

lets see 10a
this is so easy question !! you just have to tell the Importance of Hadith to the muslims.
Write
-About how it established Islamic laws and is next important to Quran.
-Is the sole source of guidance when Quran is silent of subject.
-best tafseer of Quran.
-The laws of Quran and explain.
-Write few quranic verses about the importance of Messenger of Allah. that is it !! :)

lets see Q13a
Simple !! you have to write about how hadith were complied !!
-write about earliest collection including Imam Hanibal etc
-Write about how the Umayyad Caliph Umar II issued the order to compile the hadith into book form !!
write few saying of Prophet in order to show why it was necessary to compile Hadith

Lets see Q16a
this is so easy!! Explain 10 hadith of Prophet(s). Just the main theme !! combine what u wrote in Communal teachings and individual teachings.

Lets see Q17a
Same answer as in 10a

Reaction score
can anyone answer this
importance of kaabah
importance of raml,sahi,and other hajj rituals
what lesson does the way the hazrat umar died gives muslims today?