• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

islamiat refernces

Reaction score
hi everyone it wud be really nice if someone tells me whether the ayat no and the surah no is important to give after every reference in islamiat .......... really troubling if i begin to learn em all

Reaction score
hi everyone it wud be really nice if someone tells me whether the ayat no and the surah no is important to give after every reference in islamiat .......... really troubling if i begin to learn em all
well i asked from sir iftikhar a renound teacher in lahore he said that they encourage established (with reference) quotation but still it is acceptable if not its up to you if you can cram them all i did in 2months like 100 or even more but do it just before exams

Reaction score

No they aren't. Simply write " ---The Holy Quran". Better still, mention the name of the surah. Memorizing names of surahs is easier than cramming up their numbers.

Reaction score
Reaction score

See, it's not necessary..... Although you MAY get an extra mark for this (probably one mark for 2 ref.).... However, if you get confused (which is most likely to happen, bcs one can't possibly learn all the references correctly & without getting confused) and give the incorrect reference your marks will be deducted!

In short, don't risk all your marks bcs of a few extra marks!! :D

Reaction score
irum i have collected them myself using some resources, picking the ones i considered to be easy to learn n use.

Reaction score
It isn't necessary to mention the reference for each hadith u have written
just remember 3 or 4 references of some important hadith or Surah's...
hope it helps :)

Reaction score
^ earlier it was sthg like distinctive theme of the passage bt now it's the importance of the theme so the notes have been updated accordingly.

Reaction score
giving no references at all wud not give a v gud impression to the examiner so it's better to memorise some universal quotes which can be put up at suitable places, for example this verse "... And be steadfast in prayer and give regular charity (tax) and bow down your heads with those who bow down" (2:43)